looking for help with punchout iso and softmod of wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hawkus1, May 23, 2009.

1. hawkus1
    OP

Newcomer hawkus1 Member

United States
    my apologies if im posting this in the wrong place for this topic...

(quick note ... i am not looking to hardmod my wii ... yet!)

I admit that I am a newb at most of this, however I have had a few succeses so far. I am attempting to soft mod my wii so I can attempt to play the new punchout for wii on a backup disc. (dvd-r) So heres what i've done so far. I was attempting to add the homebrew channel on my wii , but i was on system menu 4.0u , so the twillight hack was a no go , however the bannerbomb hack came into play and I succesfully managed to get hb channel on. I believe I have v.1.0.2 on and according to hb channel, I have ios61 v.19.26. I have also managed to install backup loader channel (backup launcher 0.3 gamma version ios249).

I downloaded the punchout iso and attempted to burn the iso to dvd-r (my dvd-r burn speeds for my disc according to imgburn was 4x,8x, and 16x) selected 4x and proceeded to burn onto dvd-r . Having looked around at few guides on various websites on how to burn to dvd-r the slowest speed was the best way to burn a proper disc , or at least thats what a few websites said in general.

It appeared the next step in the process was to get my wii "softmodded " so I could even play the backup disc. Having looked at a few guides on gbatemp , yafaze.com ...etc , I followed the recent guide posted on wii.yafaze.com http://wii.yafaze.com/4.0softmodguide.html Ran the downgrade for ios35, ran wad manager, installed ios35 ran wad manager again , used ios35 , installed ciosv7, ran wad manager again , used ios249 , installed ios36 , skipped the homebrew channel install but did install back up loader channel . Furthurmore followed the instructions to install ios 60 and ciosv10.

Inserted disc into wii "finally", [​IMG] ran backup launcher, pressed b on wiimote (rebooting with hooks) clicked on the disc channel .... Unable to read the disc!!! [​IMG]

Where did I make a mistake , or am I missing something not covered here? (side note: I also looked at the discussion going on under scene releases for this title. http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=155988 Could the reason this game is not working because the dump of this game was bad? Any help greatly appreciated and I hope I havent asked the same questions twice about a different game or similar problem. [​IMG]

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Press A.

3. hawkus1
    OP

Newcomer hawkus1 Member

United States
    no pressing a did not work, if it were that simple i would have done that doncha think?!!! [​IMG]

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Well somebody who does not write which error he got there, from such a person i would not be surprised he did not even try it.

5. middeloni

Newcomer middeloni Advanced Member

Netherlands
    instead of pressing B at the backupchannel, dont press anything at all after you started it.
    so at wii menu (with the disk in the drive ofcourse), acces the backuploaderchannel, press start, dont press ANYTHING and the game should boot.

I really dont know what all these peeps are talking aboutwith rebooting at the loader, i never did that..

6. hawkus1
    OP

Newcomer hawkus1 Member

United States
    Update!

I am getting an error message 324.

I assume that was what you meant by pressing a at start game in wiigators loader correct?

Any other suggestions?!!