Looking for help with my R4i Gold card

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Raws_Universe, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Raws_Universe
    OP

Raws_Universe Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    Hey there, I am new to this site as a member though I have used GBATemp throughout the years for homebrew and other applications.

Well here is my dilemma.

SO a long time ago I bought an R4i Gold Revolution for DS.
    At the time it was meant for DSI and had the "game icon" as Starwars Force Unleashed.
    I have it working and everything but I am still having problems with some of the roms not executing properly and stalling on the white screen.
    I am using a DS lite.
    Like I said thought it is fully working minus some roms. My issue is that I want the newest wood and cheat.dat/usrcheat.dat files and when I add them to my cart it no longer runs. The official site I used in the past for firmware updates seems to not exist anymore?

IS there anywhere I can get some functioning up to date firmware for this cart?
    or is my best bet to just stick with my current setup?

2. Raws_Universe
    OP

Raws_Universe Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    Also my SD card is an 8GB micro SD

3. Raws_Universe
    OP

Raws_Universe Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    Huh just mixed some firmware files and it looks like its my DS_Menu.dat file that makes it work.
    When I power on the DSL my theme is gone but it reads Mars English Version v1.03.

4. arcticmonkeys

arcticmonkeys Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    Venezuela
    i think i own the same card you do. is the website by any chance r4igold.cn? i'm completely lost. i have no clue what to do, i can't find a kernel that works with my card. i'm gonna cry brb

5. Raws_Universe
    OP

Raws_Universe Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    Yeah actually I believe that was the site.
    I still have working files, I just want more up to date ones.
    Do you want me to send you my current setup to see if that works on your cart.

6. Raws_Universe
    OP

Raws_Universe Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    So far on the ive found that for my flash cart to function properly and themed it requires these files.
    _System_ and sub folders Resources and Themes. This is where the usrcheat.dat file is kept as well.
    _DS_MENU.DAT(filesize is 3,695kb as apposed to all "updated" firmwares/kernals I've downloaded being 300kb - 500kb)
    _DS_MENU.SYS
    and maybe MOONSHL and Moonshl2 folders as well as the _DS_MSHL.nds files.

with all of that is anyone able to tell me which cart I have and whether I have the most up to date files I can have?

My usrcheat.dat file doesnt have cheats for the games I actually play. Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon SS etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice