Homebrew Looking for help with Arcade Light Gun games on my Wii

bluehands

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was hoping to get some recommendations on a MAME emulator and how to get it up and running. I've got SDLMame and RetroArch but I'm having trouble getting either to locate ROMs either in my SD card or USB Drive. Any help configuring things would be appreciated. If you guys could recommend particular light games that you like and know work well that would be even more awesome. Yesterday I basically just downloaded every ROM (and CHD file) from this top 15 list http://www.cbr.com/gun-it-the-best-light-gun-arcade-games-ranked/

I don't know if I need other bios files added to run them and I don't know if the Wii can handle some of the games with huge CHD files like Carnevil or Star Trek Voyager.

Thanks for the help!

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There are many wothwhile lightgun games on the Wii, official releases or even retro compilations. Dozens, in fact, it should cover a lot. Gunblade, HotD 2&3, Ghost Squetc.Wild West Guns, Reload, the two R.E. games ets etc. Lots of good stuff.

As for MAME stuff, only SDLMame has IR support and i have managed to get Duckhunt and other NES arcade games to work on it. Retroarch FBa core supports many more but it does not recognize IR input so... Also, Lone Wolf by Taito, a personal old favorite runs great on SDLMame. More than that,SNES9XGX, FCEU GX and Genesis Plus GX emus all support IR for those systems' lightgun games

Last edited by nakata6790,
Reactions: bluehands

Dcep1501

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are many wothwhile lightgun games on the Wii, official releases or even retro compilations. Dozens, in fact, it should cover a lot. Gunblade, HotD 2&3, Ghost Squetc.Wild West Guns, Reload, the two R.E. games ets etc. Lots of good stuff.

As for MAME stuff, only SDLMame has IR support and i have managed to get Duckhunt and other NES arcade games to work on it. Retroarch FBa core supports many more but it does not recognize IR input so... Also, Lone Wolf by Taito, a personal old favorite runs great on SDLMame. More than that,SNES9XGX, FCEU GX and Genesis Plus GX emus all support IR for those systems' lightgun games

I've actually been trying to get the IR working on my Wii in Mame/Retroarch for arcade games. Did you have to do any kind of setup? Was Lone Wolf the only arcade rom you got to work? I've tried Terminator 2 and a few others but no luck. Please help! Trying to get my virtual arcade set up and this would be so great!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse