Looking for help on how to safely update all my homebrew

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Darrow2, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Darrow2
    OP

Darrow2 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2015
    United States
    Hi everybody,
    I modded my WiiU about a year ago, and basically haven't updated anything on it since then. I've recently decided I'd like to get it fully updated with current homebrew and to start running WiiU backups.

Due to my limited knowledge of homebrew and a desire to not brick my system, I was hoping to reach out for advice what tutorials I should be following to get myself up to date. For better or for worse, most of the current tutorials I see focus on initially hacking your Wii, not on how to make everything current. Thanks in advance for any help.

As of right now I believe I have the following homebrew, and my WiiU is version 5.5.1 :
    USB Loader GX
    HID Test
    Yet Another Wad Manager
    IOS236 Installer
    Nintendont
    Wii Launcher
    Xyzzy
    Yet Another Blue Dump MOD
    d2x cIOS Installer
    Dump Mii Nand
    FCE Ultra GX
    Homebrew browser
    HBC Forwarder
    USB Loader GX Forwarder

2. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Darrow2 likes this.
  3. Darrow2
    OP

Darrow2 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2015
    United States
    Thanks for the info. What about for updating my Wii U to a later version? I would like to try and update to the highest compatible version just so I'll have more compatibility with newer Wii U games.

EDIT: Wait no, nevermind. I just realized 5.5.1 is the latest compatible version.

Last edited by Darrow2, Oct 26, 2016
    x65943 likes this.