Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone
biggrin.gif

I have searched these forums for a while and also read the pocketheaven wiki for a while to figure everything out but i would still like to get some recommendations from people who are actually using this stuff so here goes...I got a silver Nintendo DS with version 1 firmware (freezes when you remove cart during pictochat). no FlashMe. Now i have a EZF-Advance Realtime 256 Mbit cart that i used to use on my gameboy advance. I can play any gameboy advance game with it because all the gameboy advance games are only 256mbit max. The cart works perfectly in my nintendo ds for GBA roms just like it does in my gameboy advance. Now what i want to do is possibly use this cart to play some NDS games or homebrew. Based on what i have now (EZF-Advance 256mbit) what would you recommend i get for NDS games? Im looking for the best solution that will be able to play as many games and as many homebrew applications as possible.

Would it be okay to get a NoPass device, patch NDS games using LoadMe, and put them on the EZF-Advance cart? Or would you recommend that i get a bigger cart since only a few NDS games are 256Mbit, most are 512Mbit and a handful are 1024Mbit?

Would anyone recommend i get the new Ultra FlashPass or the Ninjapass even though they havent recieved very good reviews?

Should i wait for the DS-X, as that may be the best solution for me?

Please let me know what you all think, and thanks in advance for the help.
happy.gif

the major things i want to be able to do are:
play all gameboy advance games on nintendo ds - check
play all nintendo ds games and homebrew apps - ...
use DS download play with my friends retail unflashed normal ds - ...

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could use the cart to play nds games. But you will still need some sort of passme type device. Im not sure how the compatability is for games. Id suggest getting what i have, a supercard SD. Play just about every single ds game out there
smile.gif
Or you could get the m3, with better GBA compatability (and a bigger price) . But you alreday have one of the best GBA flash carts, so Id say go with the Supercard
smile.gif

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Which would be better? purchasing a NoPass device, the Supercard SD, and a 512mb-1024mb SD card OR wait and buy a DS-Xtreme?

If you want to play GBA games too, forget the slot-1 based solutions for now (ds-x, ds-linker).
If you want highest NDS AND GBA compatiblity go and buy a M3 or G6.
May not be the cheapest solution but definitly the best for now.

Mars

jokester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i already have a EZF-Advance Realtime 256 Mbit cart that should work perfectly for every GBA game there is, and probably any gba homebrew app also. So this is why i'm really looking forward to the DS-X because i can use my EZFA for all GBA stuff then the DS-X for all NDS stuff. Also, im hoping the DS-X can act as a NoPass if i wanted to patch NDS games myself and play them on my EZFA GBA cart. So now i just cant decide if i should get the DS-X or buy a NoPass device, supercard sd, and a SD card. Which do you think will be better? or do i have to wait until someone can get their hands on a DS-X?

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wait for a review once the ds-x is out and see if it suits you.
like i said if i were you i would get a m3 or g6, as all in one solution for nds,gba,homebrew (m3 more than g6).
you dont need your ezfa anymore then.

mars

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo