looking for: GBA save backup tool

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Scorpei, Dec 2, 2007.

Dec 2, 2007
  1. Scorpei
    OP

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Well as the topic says I'm looking for a tool that backs up GBA saves (preferably to a DS-slot flashcart or for all I care a slot-2 card). I dunno if I have my flash2advance still around and if it is even able to read the save I want to use so I was kinda hoping there was a homebrew app [​IMG].

Cheers to whoever knows (can't seem to find it googling myself, else I wouldn't ask of course [​IMG])

2. SkH

Member SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Algeria
    Well a long ago, there is an app, wich is, I tried to get it work but with no success... maybe you can hack it/modify it to work.

3. Scorpei
    OP

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    A thanks [​IMG]. I found the page but didn'scroll down enough (only saw the one that used a Xboo cable [​IMG]). Anyway I found a way around my problem (a very strange way though, pretty interesting so I'm researching that now). Thanks again [​IMG]

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    What is the method you're researching? I'm rather interested.

5. bluesceada

Newcomer bluesceada Member

Germany
    Isn't there some Method with a GBA Multiboot (xBoo or whatever) cable?

It plugs in the Gameboy Advance Link Cable Slot and your Computer, than you need the appropriate software and it can read the savegames of the cartridge in the GBA slot -- so far I've researched...
    I just couldn't find if there is a special cable needed or one of the do-it-yourself wiring howtos is enough (either dumb cable or cable with a controller from microchip).
    ... and which software would be needed then (or how this "hack" or "trick" can be done, at least)....

Maybe somebody knows?

If I had more time I would try to research this closer by myself...