Looking for Gateway on n3DS/9.2.0-20 without card swap.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by polki, Apr 10, 2015.

1. polki
    OP

polki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2014
    As the title says I'm searching for a way to launch Gateway mode on a n3DS without having to swap cart's.
    I know there isn't a public solution at the moment but maybe someone has a theory but are unable to try it. I've got a heap of faulty consoles so I can help with some testing and I'm sure there would more people to help.
    Legit eshop purchases welcome.
    There isn't much hope for this yet but I I'd like to hear what people have to say.

2. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    Currently, it's not possible because OoT and CN are the ONLY KNOWN entrypoints for N3DS.

Nonetheless, one of the devs of KARL3DS team was successfully able to downgrade and install the MSET exploit on her N3DS. This was the DS profile exploit. She even posted a video and had 100% boot rate.

Because of the above, there is hope that in the future, the KARL3DS dev/Gateway/someone will release it and you'll only need to use the OoT/CN ONCE and install the MSET/DS profile exploit and then use it to boot into Gateway every time :)

Edit: There was also the MiiMaker exploit, but as of now, I don't think anyone was able to successfully use it without breaking something.

Sonicx64, polki and fatpolomanjr like this.
  3. polki
    OP

polki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2014
    Thanks heaps for the answer mate, you answered alot of the questions I've had.

4. tvo770

tvo770 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    can I get a link to that video.

5. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay

commenting just to hopefully see the video