Looking for games like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King/My Life as a Darklord

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by duffmmann, Aug 10, 2016.

1. duffmmann
    OP

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    These two wiiware titles are such a delight, and I really can't think of many other games like them. Sure, the Harvest Moon/Rune Factory and related titles are somewhat similar, but I'd love to play more games with the kind of direction these games had where your building a city, and managing adventurers to go out on missions, etc. Does anyone know of any other games like these? If not I may just go and start a new file of My Life as a King, as it has been quite a while at this point since I last played.

2. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The new game that was revealed for 3DS at E3 seems right up your alley, it's called Ever Oasis. They showed a lot of footage of it at E3, you can probably find a recording of it somewhere, but here's the trailer:

It's not out until 2017 but it's basically exactly what you described.

4. duffmmann
    OP

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Oh yeah, I saw the reveal for that game live, somehow had forgotten about it, but it does look great, and its cool that they're using the OOT 3D/MM 3D engine to make it. Will definitely have to get that game when it comes out.