Looking for earbud recommendations.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. It's Pedeadstrian. Your neighborhood video game, music, and pun enthusiast. I'm currently looking for headphones, but a specific kind of headphones. I want ones that go in your ear but not in your ear canal. Something that looks like this:
719360603_1373610210.jpg

I am unable/unwilling to use the ones that go in your ear canal or the ones that go over your ears because I have tinnitus and those put pressure on my ears that is uncomfortable and sometimes painful. And the around the ear ones usually get in the way of glasses, helmets, and the like.

So any recommendations for these kinds of earbuds would be greatly appreciated. I'm no audiophile, but more details is good. Of course, I'm not willing to pay $100+ for one pair unless it is completely worth it.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would totally suggest anything made by Sennheiser, but they tend to be pricey. Maybe the newer generation of Apple Ear Pods? Or whatever they are called? :P

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get earbuds they do not provide as much quality as headphones
As I have tinnitus and also want to listen to music while riding my bike or laying down, headphones are not acceptable. Thus my predicament on only being able to use a small percentage of total headphones.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Anything by Sennheiser or Klipsch really.

Though recently I've been beginning to notice that ear buds are sort of becoming rare these days, as in-ear buds provide better sound quality as a whole, so finding anything "new" that's considered "high" quality (or a better quality then Apple shitbuds) might be difficult.

I did a little searching, though, and found a couple pair of Sennheiser that would work for you. http://en-us.sennheiser.com/stereo-ear-headphones-earphones-mx-270 and http://en-us.sennheiser.com/earphones-headphones-stereo-mx-365, an old and newish set that are fairly inexpensive.

Reactions: Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Though recently I've been beginning to notice that ear buds are sort of becoming rare these days, as in-ear buds provide better sound quality as a whole, so finding anything "new" that's considered "high" quality (or a better quality then Apple shitbuds) might be difficult.

I did a little searching, though, and found a couple pair of Sennheiser that would work for you. http://en-us.sennheiser.com/stereo-ear-headphones-earphones-mx-270 and http://en-us.sennheiser.com/earphones-headphones-stereo-mx-365, an old and newish set that are fairly inexpensive.
In regards to them being rare, absolutely. I went to Best Buy and Target today, and there were only a few at each store that I had to choose from. They were either super cheap or super expensive. Ended up buying a pair of Skullcandy, but not only were they uncomfortable, the sound sucked. Returned it and got some cheap Sony ones. If the cord moves, I can hear static, so I'm going to return those as well.

On topic: those MX 365 ones seem to have fairly good reviews (although they're low in number, so it's hard to really tell). Their site lists 'em at $35, but they're at Amazon for $16, which is a pretty good price. If I can't find a better one, I'm gonna go ahead and get it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can also sell your PS4 and get a cheap pair too... :D
I'm gonna sell my PS4 and (unless I don't sell it in time) put the money toward a new TV. I'm currently using my computer and playing my PS3 on a 23" monitor, and watching tv on a 24" CRT TV. That's got to stop as soon as possible. Hopefully my new headphones will improve those experiences as well. Gotta love 6' headphone extension cables.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna sell my PS4 and (unless I don't sell it in time) put the money toward a new TV. I'm currently using my computer and playing my PS3 on a 23" monitor, and watching tv on a 24" CRT TV. That's got to stop as soon as possible. Hopefully my new headphones will improve those experiences as well. Gotta love 6' headphone extension cables.

Haha, I see. :) Congrats on the winnings either way!

Reactions: Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just got my MX-365, and I must say I quite enjoy them. I spent $20 total including taxes and shipping, and so far it's been worth it. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

Some Sennheiser models are good, although I wouldn't recommend Klipsch, the price to quality ratio in Klipsch isn't good.

I could ask what sort of soundstage do you want and what music do you listen to although considering what you are asking for I doubt you can find anything high quality. Canalphones are where it's at with earbuds.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some Sennheiser models are good, although I wouldn't recommend Klipsch, the price to quality ratio in Klipsch isn't good.

I could ask what sort of soundstage do you want and what music do you listen to although considering what you are asking for I doubt you can find anything high quality. Canalphones are where it's at with earbuds.
I don't know what a soundstage is, but I mostly listen to metal, with some of a ton of other genres as well. And yeah, I wish I could wear canalphones, but damn my tinnitus.
Have you tried the over ear type that kinda hook on , i use these for cycling :

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...a=X&ei=TjmDUsW6N8SwhAem1YHQBQ&ved=0CHkQ9QEwBA
Those are actually the only over ear headphones I've seen that don't have the bulky plastic on top. I never even bothered to look up over ear headphones because of that, and now I wish I did. I wear glasses so normal ones won't work, but those look like they would.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?