Looking For Decent, UK Based PSP Spares+Repairs Shop

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Jamstruth, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Jamstruth
    OP

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

I recently bought a PSP 1000 faceplate from Dealextreme for a mere $5 or so and am shocked by its poor quality, it was only $5 (about £3) so I am not going to bother claiming a replacement but the basic problem with it is that the Clear plastic screen is of terrible quality, covered with flaws and will scratch at the drop of a hat. I've decided that I've had it with DX since (although they are a good company) I never know if what I'm getting will be of good quality, when it will get here and even if it does I can't be bothered returning it over such a long distance.

So, I need to know if anybody can point me towards some good PSP spares and repairs sites. I really just need a replacement faceplate for this thing (although I would like a nice, white case mod but the whole process seems beyond me) Any ideas?

A quick google turns up these sites:-
    www.order-bulk.com
    www.6wholesale.com

If anybody's used either I am welcome to opinions although neither appear UK based...I doubt I'll find anything UK though

2. Danny Tanner

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Bleggh really? I was going to get a new housing and LCD screen from them, to fix a few minor scratches and 3 dead pixels, but it sounds like they might come in worse than the ones I have.

You actually may find a UK based one, I used to know a great UK based site that I ordered from all the time a few years ago, but they got shut down. I forgot what they were called, something with gameboy in the URL though I think. I'll have to try and look for the receipts to search for if they maybe reopened under a different name.

EDIT: Also that order-bulk site seems kind of shady. Sites that talk so much about their reputation always seem like they're trying to cover something up. 100% approve on ebay sounds sketchy. Tough to google them since they have such a generic name.

3. Jamstruth
    OP

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    I found a few more savoury looking sites on google (not a products search so i could limit to UK)
    CoolMods.co.uk (don't sell normal colours which is slightly annoying)
    An Amazon page (would need to look into the sellers)
    Mr. Mod Chips (out of stock of black faceplates)

Edit: AH FRICK!!! I've found that a site I know and trust (having ordered my Supercard from them) DO stock PSP faceplates for 1000s and at a decent price but only in Blue, Pink and Silver! Silver would be ok but my mismatching buttons and backplate would annoy me...
    ConsolePlus.co.uk

4. Magoo222

Member Magoo222 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've used Mr Mod Chips before, but it was a long time ago. I didn't have any problems with them, but I can't say for certain that's still the case. Wasn't that the site that was taken to court a couple of years ago for selling, unsurprisingly, mod chips?