OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well being a text based game, Doki Doki Majo Shinpan 2 has A LOT of text to translate. I've been working on it for a couple weeks and I've only translated up to the intro. My point? If I had other people helping with the translation process, the translation could get done a lot quicker.

But how would this assistant translator thing work? Well, basically I'd send you up a particular script file, to translate. This way while I'm translating ONE script file, the assistant translator or translators, can translate the other files.

Also, having someone who knows Japanese well to check the ACCURACY of the translations would be good too.

Overall, I just see having a team of translators, as being better than having just one translator on the job.

Obviously if you become an assistant translator you won't be doing all the work because while you're translating a script file, I'll be translating another one. It's just quicker than me translating BOTH script files. Multiple script translators would be even better and it could speed up the translation progress A LOT!

So if you're interested PM me. One thing I ask if you're going to be an assistant translator is, is that you're confident that you KNOW how to translate Japanese. If you're not, then you would only be further hindering the translation progress.

Also, so that you know the CONTEXT of the script files, it would be good to download the rom, if you're going to be an assistant translator.

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I suggest you use Google Docs and put your script files into spreadsheets? You can make them private, so only collaborators that you add can do anything with them. Believe me, if you are going to have a team of people working on the project, you'll want to do it if only for organization. Again, just a suggestion.

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zeldamoron said:
Another way to go about it (I know this is a long shot) is to make it an open translation instead.

Not if he doesn't want to spend his entire day - everyday - fixing the damage that the trolls will cause. Just look at the Summon Night X project and what happened when that was open.

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
With Google Docs though, people can mess with the translated script.

No, not if you set it so that only the people you add to the collaborators list can access them. Both of my projects are located on Google Docs and restricted to the collaborators that I add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse