1. TerminatR

OP TerminatR Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Guys...

I have 2 Switches that haven't been used a ton, haven't really been hacked (*see note on Switch A) but I very much WANT to hack once the scene has matured a bit more.

My question is to figure out the optimal firmware level as a starting point since there must be a new firmware lurking [PERSONAL SPECULATION] with the upcoming Nintendo Online service launching in September.

My Switches:

Switch A: Firmware 3.00, No Nintendo Account linked, Never been on the Nintendo Eshop, No exfat update, No hacking aside from a tiny bit of tinkering when the original 3.00 web hack was released. Played some emulators. etc.

Switch B: Firmware 4.10, Nintendo account linked, Downloaded demos from Nintendo Eshop, legit exfat update obtained when 4.10 was current, No hacking or playing with certs whatsoever.

I have not decided whether to go with SX OS or wait for the maturity of a free option. Any advice on updating one Switch or the other to 5.1.0 while I still can? or better to wait?

Last edited by TerminatR, Aug 28, 2018
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

deleted

Last edited Oct 28, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (Nintendo, consoles, firmware