looking for a way to rip a original wii game then play the back up thr

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cameron26, May 7, 2009.

1. cameron26
    OP

Newcomer cameron26 Member

United States
    well i got the original disk. How do i make a back up and load it on the back up channel? I know u gotta use a dvd-r is there a guild to make aback up of the original disk? Then burn it to a dvd-r . then play it on the wii thru the back up channel. I dont think i have installed a loader.

2. telekenetix

Newcomer telekenetix Member

United States
  3. franky86

Newcomer franky86 Advanced Member

United States
    before you go digging through a lot of threads for guides on how to rip games and burn them and then play them through a loader ask yourself these questions:

is your wii on firmware 3.4 or lower?

If you have upgraded to 4.0(sdhc support, has the little sd card on your channels menu) then you cannot run use the zelda exploit and cannot install *anything* on your wii.

if you haven't updated then ask yourself:

do you have a copy of zelda: twilight princess and an SD card?

zelda is required to run an exploit to install *anything* on your wii. and an sd card is required for loading the software you plan to install on your wii.

4. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The easiest way to rip a game is with the USB Loader. Easiest way to play the ripped game as well.

5. cameron26
    OP

Newcomer cameron26 Member

United States
    i am 3.4 with the wi gater back up channel. Ive done everything tw hack all that to get the home brew channel. Then i made a back up channel. I have a lu64 did the fix for that. This is the step im at is playing burned game. I have no clue what a usb loader is.....

6. cthg

Member cthg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you want a iso so you can burn a DVD and play on the backup loader you must either rip the disk with a wii dumper app or have one of 3 compatible wii disk DVD drives.

Or you can do usb loader where it makes an ISO on your hard drive in another file system which you cannot burn onto another DVD. but you can play it from the hard drive

7. franky86

Newcomer franky86 Advanced Member

United States

oh okay.

what is your source for the game? do you have an actual legit disk you want to copy or a downloaded .ISO on your computer?

if you have the .ISO on your computer all you have to do is burn it with any image burning program like Nero Burning ROM.

if you have a legit disk:

most dvd rom drives in PCs are unable to read wii disks. so to rip the data off the disk you will have to "dump" it from your wii via USB, SD card, or over your home wifi network(if you have one).

to dump disk you will need to get Wiidumper by Wanikoko and install it on your sd card and run it through the homebrew channel. put your disk in your wii and load up wiidumper, pick the method you want to use to dump(usb/sd/wifi) and then follow the instructions on screen. i used to dump over wifi and that takes a long time.

if you have a large usb/external hard drive you can just install usbloader and dump games onto it and play them off it without even having to burn them.