Looking for a voice actor.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for a voice actor who sounds like the Mortal Kombat announcer for a rather unique project. I've been running a small Skylanders Q&A Video Blog for a while, and I'm working towards character synopsis videos. What I'd love is a voice over, similar to the Mortal Kombat announcer, of each character's name for when I introduce them. I'll be using their CG preview videos for their intros, so the name sound will be spliced in at the moment the Skylander's name appears on screen.

Please PM if interested.

Here's the figures I currently have to get started:
Spyro
Dark Spyro
Wrecking Ball
Trigger Happy
Boomer
Drill Sergeant
Gill Grunt
Zap
Stealth Elf
Stump Smash
Ignitor
Flameslinger
Hex
Ghost Roaster
Terrafin
Dino Rang
Sonic Boom
Whirlwind

Anybody interested? ^_^

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emigre, that sounds way too much like a direct rip from the games. If that really is you, can you do some of the Skylander names? TehSkull, I like so far. I may try to play with it a bit to get the echo on it. I'll let you know what I decide. (I've got a request on Newgrounds as well.)

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I would love to do this. I already have a lot of experience; my voice has been used for a ton of fan-made videos.

Contact me if you're interested. Last name (weird, isn't it?) Mike, first name Microsoft.

Reactions: 1 person

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I nobody's going to take this seriously, than eff it. Newgrounds forums are treating me better than this, and that's saying something. I thought I'd get a more positive response from folks here. Thanks for showing me the best face of GBATemp.

TehSkull, thanks for rising above all this and actually providing something. I'll let you know if I use it.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nobody's going to take this seriously

No offense, but this is primarily a Nintendo community. What did you expect?

And if you need me to re-record some of those, I don't mind. My throat was hurting and I somehow stumbled upon a Texan accent halfway through.
That's a tad bit ironic, considering that two key versions of the game are on Nintendo systems and that one such system will be getting some rather exclusive coverage since it plays considerably different.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nobody's going to take this seriously

No offense, but this is primarily a Nintendo community. What did you expect?

And if you need me to re-record some of those, I don't mind. My throat was hurting and I somehow stumbled upon a Texan accent halfway through.
That's a tad bit ironic, considering that two key versions of the game are on Nintendo systems and that one such system will be getting some rather exclusive coverage since it plays considerably different.
I meant something more along the lines of "Everyone is either a troll or 12 years old." That's just how it works.

Reactions: 1 person

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant something more along the lines of "Everyone is either a troll or 12 years old." That's just how it works.
That doesn't necessarily mean that that makes it a Nintendo community. Just means that this place is on the internet in general. If people get kicks out of poking fun, whatever. Those of us that still try to act like civil online will be the ones that ultimately prosper in the end. I'm still going to make my videos, and I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that I accomplished what I set out to do as well as knowing they missed out on an opportunity to be a part of it. You're loss, guys.

On a side note, I've got a friend who may try this out too, but he's not too sure it'll sound right. He did suggest I try myself, but it wares me out to do it all myself in what little time I actually have now. (2 jobs, 2 kids, and only two evenings a week I'm really not that busy.) Oh well. I hope this gets taken a bit more seriously from here on out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...