Homebrew Looking for a simple GBA ROM that shows the time or works as a stopwatch

Charli

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd just like to somehow show the time progressing on my GBA :) Ideally with seconds or even milliseconds ;)

I've found reddit posts of others looking for sth similar but there doesn't seem to be any Homebrew game that can do this? :(

I've found this for the DS though: https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/Stopwatch_DS

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know of a good stopwatch app, though I don't suppose it would be too difficult to program one.

As for showing the time, unfortunately the GBA does not have a built-in Real Time Clock like the DS does. Some older GBA flash carts had batteries specifically to play Pokemon games properly, and there are a couple programs out there that may help set or reset the internal clocks on those cartridges, but unless you have an X-ROM or a Flash2Advance Ultra I don't think any of my archived tools will help.

Last edited by DanTheManMS,

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know of a good stopwatch app, though I don't suppose it would be too difficult to program one.

As for showing the time, unfortunately the GBA does not have a built-in Real Time Clock like the DS does. Some older GBA flash carts had batteries specifically to play Pokemon games properly, and there are a couple programs out there that may help set or reset the internal clocks on those cartridges, but unless you have an X-ROM or a Flash2Advance Ultra I don't think any of my archived tools will help.
Modern flashcarts like the EZ Flash Omega do, too.

Reactions: DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Thank you for the correction. I'll go ahead and attach the one tool I can easily find. I wrapped it up in Multiboot Menu for some reason.

Attachments

• rtc.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 34

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs