PS1/2 Looking for a PS1 softmod guide

WiiLee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone help me ive used search and google an if there arnt any softmods tell me about the hard mods but im sure someone has made a modified bios for the ps1

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Not sure about softmod but you can surely do the swap trick that doesn't require any HW modding.

Best would be to get is a PS boot disc that allows you to play burned PS games without any modding, not even the lid thing you need to do for the swap trick. Anyone correct me if I am wrong.

Kind of looking for that bootdisc myself, its called ps-x-change I think.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah swap trick is easy but it can mess up you disc( you need at least one working original to do it) and the psx disc drive.
i'd suggest a mod chip it is only about $10 if you know where to look and there is only 4 to 8 wires depending on your psx model.
i got lucky and bought one with a mod chip already in it a while back.
i didn't even know it till about a week after i got it one day i turned it on but forgot to swap disc. lol

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought the swap disc was possible without a modchip only on SCPH1002 first generation.
I still have this one, and swap is working great, even with a lower TOC original game, swapping before TOC reading.

Next models needed a modchip (in Europe at least).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8