Gaming Looking for a PC game like Kurushi

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And people said abstract puzzle games died at some point in the 16 bit era.

I can think of loads of games with elements of that (indeed if I had to describe it I would call it the love child of sokoban, qbert and tetris, maybe with a dash of chip's challenge), however I am not going to be able to go beyond said elements. By the way if you have not played those games mentioned then do as they are classics.

I wonder if the audiosurf people ever played that.

Vipera

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And people said abstract puzzle games died at some point in the 16 bit era.

I can think of loads of games with elements of that (indeed if I had to describe it I would call it the love child of sokoban, qbert and tetris, maybe with a dash of chip's challenge), however I am not going to be able to go beyond said elements. By the way if you have not played those games mentioned then do as they are classics.

I wonder if the audiosurf people ever played that.
Really? I thought it was pretty famous. It is, without any doubt, one of the best PS1 titles. But, unlike any other puzzle game, no one ever thought of copying the crap out of it to make money. I can (and did) play Sokoban on any chinese mp3 player, microwave and calculator, but I can't seem to find any Kurushi clone :( maybe it was too difficult to re-create, I don't know.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are plenty of once legendary puzzle, arcade and similar games that were not done time and time again, for me Rampart is probably the most notable there. However many would probably say it is the father of tower defense so there is that. More generally it is quite rare that a puzzle game itself is hard to clone, especially not one designed to be done in real time.

Anyway that added less than my original post, I did mean to say that though I try to follow the indy games scene a bit there is so much happening there that I would certainly not have been able to see it all.

Also it is probably more the aesthetic that I am thinking of but the challenge/run/training modes of Lost Planet 2 could be worth a look for you.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this game has an amazing sound track. I played a demo for it long, long time ago when PS1 was still new. I've been meaning to try it for a while now, but still haven't.

It looks like some new games in the series came out on PSP, and there is a PSP emulator for PC that works rather well.

Searching a bit (I'm surprised hardcoregaming101 didn't have an article on the game...) it looks like a sequel/update called IQ Final came out in Japan with more content.

http://hg101.proboards.com/thread/3080

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow this brings back memories, I played the hell out of the demo as well. Looking into it the game was a sony product so they didn't move forward with it :< for those that want it though it is up on the JP PSN and European PSN.

As for games like it, PQ seems like a spiritual sequel to the game. At least in design, not concept.

An devil dice might be up your alley.

Aside from those how about some other strange and not similar puzzle games incase you can't find what you're looking for. Like one piece mansion and chu chu rocket. While the games I mentioned aren't on PC chu chu rocket at least is and doesn't need emulation to be played

Reactions: Celice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night