Looking for a new game

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Satummoo, Dec 16, 2006.

Dec 16, 2006

Looking for a new game by Satummoo at 6:21 AM (1,231 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Satummoo
    OP

Newcomer Satummoo Member

United States
    I'm looking for a new game to play for the DS. I'm only looking for one that will have a good replay value to it. Right now I have nintendogs(proboly going to ebay) and Mario Kart (Love it). I sold metriod because I wasn't too crazy about it and single player mode was stupid. I've been thinking about NSMB, but I heard it's really short and theres no good replay value to it, is this true?. I don't want to buy games that are short, or don't make me want to play months later. Anyone recomend me something?

To give an example of games I like:

Soul Calibur, Crazy Taxi, Tony Hawk Series, RPGs (I know FFIII but heard mixed things and havn't finished IV), Mario Kart Series, Zelda series, NFS series (some were OK)

Any recomendations?

2. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    NSMB is OKAY.. it is pretty much the quality of a fangame.. not nintendo quality, everytime I played it I couldnt stop thinking about so many things that needed changing.

but, I would recommend SM64DS, regardless of if you played the original on the 64 and what people say its still one of the best DS games and the game everyone should own.

3. slayerspud

Member slayerspud GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    i agree with ^^

SM64Ds is a quality game.

Maybe try FF3?

4. Moneo

Newcomer Moneo Advanced Member

Replay value, eh.

Aside from Meteos and Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents, I can't say that I've even replayed any of the DS games. OK, there was also mario kart online, by that's it.

5. Satummoo
    OP

Newcomer Satummoo Member

United States
    how about the tony hawk game, any fun?

6. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    Kirby Canvas Curse has got quite some value in it, you can collect stuff for a long time. It's also got awesome fresh gameplay.
    Lost in Blue lasts for quite some time, too, and then you can play the girl's story and explore the different endings.
    Elite Beat Agents and Ouendan are must haves, of course. Phoenix Wright 1 & 2, too, even though they have no replay value. Who cares, they still give you about 20 hours of gameplay each. I couldn't stand Mario Kart DS or Metroid Prime Hunters that long.

7. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    Id highly suggest advance wars [​IMG] once you pass it, theres hard mode which is really hard! and theres like 4 diffrent modes of play (it was the first game that i had for ds, and i havent passed it!, yet again, i dont play it that much)

Good game though [​IMG]

8. CrEsPo

Member CrEsPo GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    No replay value, but give FF III a go. No replay value because me personally, once I play an RPG I can't play it again. Saying that, FF III is amazing, I usually play for hours and I'm usually the type of gamer who likes to play half hour at the most before getting bored.

I'd also recommend Super Mario 64 DS. Just like the N64 version it's a really quality game and with the added mini games it adds a bit for the replay value. The mini games can be quite addicting, especially when you're looking for some quick fun when you know you're leaving soon.

Also, give Wario Ware a try. It's a bunch of mini games, but because of that it has great replay value. When ever you're in the need for quick games, this game comes in handy.

9. Hunnie

Newcomer Hunnie Member

United States
    You should get advance wars: Dual strike, if you like turn-based strategies.
    long lasting [​IMG]
    replay value is very good, plus it got a high score.
    [​IMG]

10. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    Ive got american sk8land, pretty cool game, lots of cheats and other stuff to unlock, designing your own board graffiti etc

good game

11. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    IMO, Wario Ware for the DS sucks. Get the GBA original instead. The DS version isn't fun in the long term because the touch screen minigames don't work for highscore hunting and it's missing the awesome 2 player on 1 device and other highscore minigames. I rushed through it in maybe 4 hours and haven't touched it since.

12. Rangent

Member Rangent GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm going to have to say Advance Wars if you like turn based strategy. It is probably the best game I've played on the DS. Takes a bit of time to get used to if you haven't played many turn-based games before though. Great replay value too.

13. CrEsPo

Member CrEsPo GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I still play Wario War for the DS, but I do agree that the GBA version was a lot better. No stick usage though [​IMG].

14. blackjack

Member blackjack GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    Magical Starsign is also a quite neat RPG imo.

15. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Lost Magic, MK DS and Super Mario 64 DS.
    Definately some good games, and something for everyone [​IMG]