Hacking Looking for A Mod Chip Installer (UK)

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in Scotland, in the United Kingdom, and I can't seem to find someone who knows how to install a Wii Key... I want someone with experiance of modding consoles to install it, I don't want some new modifiier to mod it as I wouldn't know if they knew what they were doing...

I have a friend whom I play smash with in Liverpool who knows someone in Stockport whom modded his Wii, but it could be a bit of a pain in the arse to get my wii to him and then up to stockport and then recieve my Wii off him again.

Is there anyone on this website in Scotland who can mod a Wii? If not Scotland, then anywhere in the North of England who can do it quickly and would be willing for me to be there whilst he/she did it? I would prefer the wire'd version of Wii Key, not the Solder'd version as it is safer protection, and less risky to the Wii itself.

If there is no one here, I'm going to have to relie on my friends, friend whom I don't know that well, which will cost me £50 in total to get the Wii modded and recieve a free game with it also. I'm getting my Wii modded for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I play Melee competitivley and I would prefer to get my hands on Brawl before the game is launched here in Europe.

Thank-You, all responds to this are greatly appreciated, even if they aren't helpful to my situation.

Once again, thank-you.

RayJT9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is a shop on Union Street in Glasgow (next to Central Station) which will chip your Wii for around the £50 mark.

--Ray

RayJT9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I honestly can't remember (even though I walk past it every day) but there are only two game stores on that street, and one of them is a Gamestation. The store in question isn't the Gamestation.

--Ray

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly can't remember (even though I walk past it every day) but there are only two game stores on that street, and one of them is a Gamestation. The store in question isn't the Gamestation.

--Ray

Game Force? Are you sure they'll mod my Wii? I have a mate who lives in Paisley and he mentioned it before hand, but he said they chipped his PS1, and I presumed that was a long time ago, so I'm going to guess, They might not do it anymore? >_>

Is Game Force (G-FORCE) the store your thinking of perhaps? I know its close to a Game Station.

RayJT9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah! That's the one. G-Force. A friend of mine got his Wii chipped from there a couple weeks ago, so they must still do it.

--Ray

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah! That's the one. G-Force. A friend of mine got his Wii chipped from there a couple weeks ago.

--Ray

Alright, cheers.
Quick question: I'm 16, Do I have to be 18? How old is your friend? Or do I just need to pay money up front? My friend, from Paisley, has a mate who went there to get his Wii chipped, they said they didn't want to. He is rather small though, perhaps they didn't believe he was 18? I'm really not in the mood for mucking around I just want my Wii chipped the easiest way possible...

How long did it take them to chip his Wii?

RayJT9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure about him, but when I went, ages ago, it took them about a week to get mine chipped with a Wiikey (They only do Wiikey and D2Ckey if I remember rightly.)

I don't see why you'd need to be 18, since chipping consoles isn't illegal or anything of the like in the UK (though I imagine it'd be frowned upon by developers and suppliers.) I didn't ask though, as I'm 19 meself, and my friend is 18, but he looks about 15, so it probably wouldn't be a problem with age. They -did- refuse to discuss anything about it over the phone, though, so they might just be worried about officials finding out or something. No idea.

It might be worth noting that my friend was told if they had to fit a D2Ckey instead of a Wiikey it'd take a month as opposed to a week.

--Ray

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure about him, but when I went, ages ago, it took them about a week to get mine chipped with a Wiikey (They only do Wiikey and D2Ckey if I remember rightly.)

I don't see why you'd need to be 18, since chipping consoles isn't illegal or anything of the like in the UK (though I imagine it'd be frowned upon by developers and suppliers.) I didn't ask though, as I'm 19 meself, and my friend is 18, but he looks about 15, so it probably wouldn't be a problem with age. They -did- refuse to discuss anything about it over the phone, though, so they might just be worried about officials finding out or something. No idea.

It might be worth noting that my friend was told if they had to fit a D2Ckey instead of a Wiikey it'd take a month as opposed to a week.

--Ray

Thanks.
I'll take a parent with me just in case. They refused to talk over the phone about it? Odd... But I guess its reasonable to the extend of the police being involved with it. I'll take your word for it and go in and talk to them about it.

Can you do me a favor mate?
Can you go into there tomorrow and ask them if their still doing it? Cheers.

RayJT9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unless they stopped in the last week or so, they're definitely still doing it!

I reckon you'll be alright if you just say you know someone who had a Wii chipped there and ask if they still do it.

Just in case, I'll ask them if I'm in there tomorrow.

--Ray

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I reckon you'll be alright if you just say you know someone who had a Wii chipped there and ask if they still do it.

Just in case, I'll ask them if I'm in there tomorrow.

--Ray

Thanks a lot man.
Do you have brawl? With Wii Key? I'd appreciate to know if you have it working.

Tweaked

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow that long? the guy who got mine done took 25 minuits installing a d2ckey, let me and my friend watch and we tlaked and laughed about stupid comments

(watching a man hold a soldering iron to your wii and laugh is a scary thing D: )

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow that long? the guy who got mine done took 25 minuits installing a d2ckey, let me and my friend watch and we tlaked and laughed about stupid comments

(watching a man hold a soldering iron to your wii and laugh is a scary thing D:Â )

This is a shop lol, I'm guessing the person who modded yours is a private modded, not a retailer?
I think GFORCE does this secretly, and no advertising to it or I would have knew about it by now...
But yeah, its understandable why it takes so long.

RayJT9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

--Ray

Thanks a lot man.

Yep, that's right. I have both the original copy imported from PlayAsia.com and the DVD9 backup version.

The original version doesn't work without the backup, sadly, although you can disk-swap from the DVD5 version to the Original during the first couple seconds of the opening cutscene and it will read from the full game. The DVD5 and DVD9 version work with the Wiikey from the start, although you will have to burn a GCOS disk of wiikey v1.3 and turn the Region-free option to ON.

With the DVD9 version and the disc-swapped Original import, everything works 100%.

--Ray

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--Ray

Thanks a lot man.

Yep, that's right. I have both the original copy imported from PlayAsia.com and the DVD9 backup version.

The original version doesn't work without the backup, sadly, although you can disk-swap from the DVD5 version to the Original during the first couple seconds of the opening cutscene and it will read from the full game. The DVD5 and DVD9 version work with the Wiikey from the start, although you will have to burn a GCOS disk of wiikey v1.3 and turn the Region-free option to ON.

With the DVD9 version and the disc-swapped Original import, everything works 100%.

--Ray

Lol thats rather confusing...
Is there a tutorial on how to do all this?

RayJT9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, be sure to read up on the Wiikey FAQ: http://psx-scene.com/forums/wiikey/61302-w...unofficial.html

Make sure your system is at the latest firmware (3.1E) by connecting to the internet with the wii and doing a system update.

Get the wiikey 1.3 config disc from that website, run it in your wiikey'd wii and change the region-free setting to ON. Click Save Settings and then Reset Console.

Next, either create a backup from your own Brawl disc or get a backup online (illegal) You'd then need to burn it to a dual layer DVD at a low speed (I hear good things about 4x write speed, so that's probably a safe bet.)

If you do that, your Wii should be able to recognize the backed up Brawl disc.

Alternatively, wait for the Wiikey team to release an update allowing it to recognize the original version of the disk.

--Ray

EDIT: Should probably say, I'm not an expert on these things, since I just use the wiikey for imports, so ask around if you have trouble with any of it.

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, Cheers.
I'll bookmark this page aswell.
One last thing, when burning the ISO, is there some weird stuff I have to do? Like putting patches on it etc...

RayJT9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't mind having duplicate channels, then no - the Wiikey should be able to play the ISO as long as you have the region override set to on (using the 1.3 config disc.)

If you DO mind having duplicate channels, there's a thing called the 15% trick, which I know nothing about, but you'll probably find something about it on this forum.

--Ray

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, my friend whom owns a copied version of Brawl did that...
Hmm... I'm not sure if its risky or not..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.