Homebrew Looking for a mGBA Wad for my wii

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using WiiFlow Lite 5.5.4 test build 2 currently. But yeah, this issue goes all the way back to WFL 5.4.9 and probably further.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@M4x1mumReZ

Thanks for sharing, nice channel.

Unfortunately it also does not boot through USB using mGBA 0.10.0.

I don't think i have seen this channel before. Do you mind if i add it to my forwarder channel repository thread download links?
Yes. Be sure to give credit though, would love some appreciation. I originally posted it to my old YT channel many years ago.

Last edited by SylverReZ,
Reactions: RunningSnakes

clandestine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys! You didn't have to do all that work. It is much appreciated. The Wii community on gbatemp never ceases to amaze me. I'll let you guys know if I can get it working when I have the time. Right now I have it launching off SD but I do like having all my apps in one place because of my slight OCD. :)

wowitsjosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came across this thread looking for an mGBA forwarder. I wasn't really satisfied with any of the pre-made mGBA forwarders I could find so I ended up modifying the Kirby-themed VBA-GX forwarder and swapping out the branded assets. I figured I'd share it for any other mGBA fans that are hunting for some options and come across this thread.

It's pointed at "apps/mgba/boot.dol" on SD and USB, but booting through USB still isn't working for me on the latest 0.10.1 release from a few days ago.

EDIT: USB booting fixed by swapping out the dol for the one in the forwarders @RunningSnakes shared. Thank you for sharing and testing compatibility with the ModMii forwarders!

Attachments

• mGBAv2 - MGBA.zip
    3 MB · Views: 74
Last edited by wowitsjosh,

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I came across this thread looking for an mGBA forwarder. I wasn't really satisfied with any of the pre-made mGBA forwarders I could find so I ended up modifying the Kirby-themed VBA-GX forwarder and swapping out the branded assets. I figured I'd share it for any other mGBA fans that are hunting for some options and come across this thread.

It's pointed at "apps/mgba/boot.dol" on SD and USB, but booting through USB still isn't working for me on the latest 0.10.1 release from a few days ago.

EDIT: USB booting fixed by swapping out the dol for the one in the forwarders @RunningSnakes shared. Thank you for sharing and testing compatibility with the ModMii forwarders!

Thanks! Works in my vwii with a usb hdd attached. Both app and games are on the usb drive, which was incompatible in other forwarders. Had to use convert2vwii though.

Reactions: jeannotte

clandestine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dude thanks! Can you explain how you got the forwarder to work with USB? I guess I don't know what you mean by swapping out the dol file. If I wanted to fix another forwarder, what would I do specifically and what software would I need?

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@wowitsjosh

Hey there, i intend to include both your Genesis and GameBoy Advance channels to my forwarder thread downloads, if you are OK with this.

I made an adjustment to the forwarder.dol for your original forwarder and also updated v2 to mGBA 10.2.

Just to note, the v2 version of this channel is/was not a forwarder channel, only a base loading channel. It is intended for users who use USB only, without SD installed. With that said, this channel will work from SD as well, but i must explain myself again, this channel is for USB users.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s