1. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

I'm looking for a good quality pair of noise cancelling headphones so I can study my Chinese in public without getting distracted by background noise.

My criteria for a good pair is as follows

- Noise cancelling
    - Good quality audio, especially for the tones
    - A microphone that only picks up sound directly spoken into it (this way I can Skype in public without background noise on the other side)
    - iPod touch compatible
    - Lasts beyond the 12 month warranty

I dont know how much this would cost since I don't know $h1t about headphones or music. I'm prepared to part with a few hundred dollars for something that does the job and does it properly.

EDIT
    I'm sure there are online communities out there dedicated to this sort of thing, even if I can't find one myself. Perhaps someone could link me to one?

Last edited Dec 2, 2015
    Deleted User likes this.
  2. VinsCool

VinsCool Persona Secretiva Felineus

Canada
    I'm using a pair of Sony MDR V55, and those are doing the job wonderfully.

3. Blood Fetish

Blood Fetish Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

United States
    Noise cancelling headphones are great at removing ambient noise (like a jet engine), but will do nothing to stop voices and irregular sounds. If anything they make talking even more noticeable.

4. Duo8

Duo8 GBAtemp Psycho!

Vietnam
    Noise isolating or noise cancelling? One is passive while the other is active (uses a microphone and a processor to eliminate background noise)
    You can try asking on head-fi

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - cancelling, earphones, Looking