Android Looking for a good and cheap Android tablet for youtube videos.

fojacko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd consider an o2 joggler. You can grab one for £50, and with some light modding, you can run android or ubuntu on the thing.

If you're looking for a tablet though, can't do much worse than an hp touchpad. Those are modders dreams.

fojacko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd consider an o2 joggler. You can grab one for £50, and with some light modding, you can run android or ubuntu on the thing.

If you're looking for a tablet though, can't do much worse than an hp touchpad. Those are modders dreams.
The HP Touchpad is a bit too expensive i'd say £200 is max it can cost and the Joggler doesnt seem like something i'd see myself using, and i have exams coming up so i don't have much spare time to be messing about so it'd be easier for me to get something that works out of the box. Thanks for the advice though!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

I second the HP Touchpad.

I have one running CM7 on it, and it is absolutely wonderful. I've had 0 problems with it, watched 100s of videos, played various games, and browse the web with it all without trouble. They go for a little bit of cash though, TBH, but it's definitely worth it.

EDIT: Well then...a little advice, stay away from off-brand tablets. From what I read of the reviews of the one you linked to, however, it seems to be an ok tablet...

fojacko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

I have one running CM7 on it, and it is absolutely wonderful. I've had 0 problems with it, watched 100s of videos, played various games, and browse the web with it all without trouble. They go for a little bit of cash though, TBH, but it's definitely worth it.
is their a place i can get it "cheap" ( >£200)

EDIT - nvm found it £160 on Google shopping
EDIT2- all out of stock...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

is their a place i can get it "cheap" ( >£200)

EDIT - nvm found it £160 on Google shopping
EDIT2- all out of stock...
Yeah read my edit...They're rarely in stock ANYWHERE and when they are they're bought almost instantly. I guess I was one of the lucky ones, found a one-day deal site that sold them for like...$180 a piece. Bought 3 :P If you can't find any for cheap then go for something different.

fojacko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i might just stick with the tablet i linked to, the majority of the reviews are positive and at the moment i have an ipod that refuses to do anything and as i previously said i have exams coming up so i don't have much time to look around on ebay.

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
Hrm. You might regret that.

You're looking for future support mate.

I guarantee you, buying that'll merit bugger all support in future.

The Touchpad is a modders darling. Go to where the devs are. I have always stuck by that mantra.

fojacko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hrm. You might regret that.

You're looking for future support mate.

I guarantee you, buying that'll merit bugger all support in future.

The Touchpad is a modders darling. Go to where the devs are. I have always stuck by that mantra.
i don't want it for modding... i just want it for watching youtube videos.

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not saying that, I'm talking about support in future.

Modders are all over the touchpad, thus it'll have every version of android released for it until something much better comes for just as cheap.

Look at it this way. That tablet runs the latest version of android, ICS.

When Jellybean comes along at the end of this year, I guarantee you, it won't be updated.

I guarantee you, the touchpad will. :)

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure of the cost for you, but this tablet is known to have fairly good developer support with decent specs.

Or if you could get your hands on a Kindle Fire or Nook Color/Tablet, any of those would do (especially if you put custom ROMs on them).

But be aware that there are rumors that Google is working on a super cheap tablet with Acer (~$200) that will be a flagship android tablet.

fojacko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not saying that, I'm talking about support in future.

Modders are all over the touchpad, thus it'll have every version of android released for it until something much better comes for just as cheap.

Look at it this way. That tablet runs the latest version of android, ICS.

When Jellybean comes along at the end of this year, I guarantee you, it won't be updated.

I guarantee you, the touchpad will. :)
i've been looking on eBay and it seems its not really rare and are going for £200 max so i'll have to convince my parents to get it if my exam results are good.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any tablet will run youtube videos, correct?

There are some that you can pick up cheap from Asia which are missing things like 3G and bluetooth, so I guess it depends how cheap you are willing to go and what features you can live without. I have an Acer Iconia a501 which plays videos fine, but gosh it was expensive. I got it as a gift, but it isn't something I would buy for myself since I don't use 3G at all and a few of it's features are a useless to me (HDMI output etc)

fojacko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i asked my parents and they said it was too expensive even though they bought my iPod touch for £200 (this is half the price -_-). So, can anyone give me any "good" reasons to persuade my parents, i'll probably just say the reason AlanWeird said, modders are all over it so it will always be up to date. (Sorry for the slight off topic-ness)

Anyways... Has the latest android (i think its ice cream sandwich) been updated for the touchpad?

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
You're pulling my willy...

Urgh... I'm jealous man. I waaaaaant one :D

Also, cyanogenmod9 is available to it :) If a device has cyanogenmod, count on awesome support for a long while.

And yes, that's the latest version... (4.0.4 ICS) :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff