Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, agreed.
smile.gif
Its DS compatibility is much better than GBA. Autosaves DS games perfectly. Not GBA, where a button combo or sometimes power-cycle is needed.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Good question. Not many people talk about possible issues with specific GBA games on M3. If I had confirmation beyond any doubt F-Zero Climax both saves properly and has absolutely NO slowdown with it...

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good question. Not many people talk about possible issues with specific GBA games on M3. If I had confirmation beyond any doubt F-Zero Climax both saves properly and has absolutely NO slowdown with it...
Nice, have you tested DS games at all? Jump Ultimate Stars? Mario Party DS? And any thing of the sort?

Oh yes, more importantly, do the download play and wifi work for NDS games?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Wifi tends to work fine. Download play is more iffy. It may work on some games, not all.

GBA>GC and DS>Wii features are rare. Only one I've tested that works flawless is Mario Golf Toadstool Tour to Mario Golf Advance Tour.

But not linking that involves Pokemon Colosseum, Box, XD, or Battle Revolution. The Fire Emblem ones don't seem to either.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wifi tends to work fine. Download play is more iffy. It may work on some games, not all.

GBA>GC and DS>Wii features are rare. Only one I've tested that works flawless is Mario Golf Toadstool Tour to Mario Golf Advance Tour.

But not linking that involves Pokemon Colosseum, Box, XD, or Battle Revolution. The Fire Emblem ones don't seem to either.
I see. So slot 1s have the better compatibly when it comes to linking.

Do you think it is a good idea to buy and acekard/R4 and have a M3 perfect CF as my backup device?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Huh? No. The only Wii game that links to DS is Pokemon Battle Revolution.

All other relevant console to handheld linking is GBA and GameCube. Which the DS hardware doesn't allow, flashcart or not, since it has no link port to begin with.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

All other relevant console to handheld linking is GBA and GameCube. Which the DS hardware doesn't allow, flashcart or not, since it has no link port to begin with.

Actually Geometry Wars was just released, which is the second game to support Wii - DS Linkage.

Also, so does your Supercard allow GBA to GBA or GBA to Gamecube connection or not? Let's just say you have all the cables necessary and you are using it on a GBASP.
Do you know the linkage compatibility with M3 perfect for GBA to GBA, GBA to Gamecube, GBA Slot to NDS for some DS games, NDS to wii, and the DS download play/wifi you already answered thanks.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Actually Geometry Wars was just released, which is the second game to support Wii - DS Linkage.

Also, so does your Supercard allow GBA to GBA or GBA to Gamecube connection or not? Let's just say you have all the cables necessary and you are using it on a GBASP.

Do you know the linkage compatibility with M3 perfect for GBA to GBA, GBA to Gamecube, GBA Slot to NDS for some DS games, NDS to wii, and the DS download play/wifi you already answered thanks.

Actually that's what I've been trying to find out, I've asked on the EZ Flash forums about the EZ Flash product's multiplayer capabilities, it'll probably take some time...
I see. I would imagine the M3 to have pretty good "linkage" since almost 100% of roms work on it anyway.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So about what percent would you estimate that the M3 perfect will have GBA to GBA compatibility based on FAST6191's comment?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I could care less about tilt, rumble, ram packs, solar sensor, DS/Wii, GBA/GC, etc.

I just want a flash cart that is confirmed to have no problems saving in any GBA game that uses 128 kilobyte save files, and no slowdown EVER in F-Zero Climax.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I keep trying to avoid saying the M3 is a great flash cart because I haven't had any experience with it. I have used the M3 Lite before, but frankly was not all that impressed. I was hit by a barrage of bugs, but there are quite a few of my friends telling me that I was probably unlucky and used one of the bad versions and getting hit by all the bugs at once. I actually really do believe that this is the case because there is no way that the M3 could be this popular if every user had M3 Lite's that crashed every other minute. Which is why I am trying to get another M3 to try out.

On the other hand, I have had lots of experience with the EZ Flash 4, which is a spectacular cart.
Nicely said but I am looking for a cart that still updates their NDS patchers so if M3 team still update their slot 2 patchers to work with ALL the new games then I am sold. UNLESS OF COURSE I FIND AN ACEKARD. Which I can't find.
mad.gif

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes M3 team still updates their loaders, I'm pretty sure all new games will work with it, at least they should within a few days after launch.
Are you willing to sell your acekard? lol jk. but I really want one that badly.

You are lucky you get them free to review.
tongue.gif

Anyway, back on topic, does the M3 perfect drain battery life? I heard so. This is because of the onboard RAM correct?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lol the AceKard is pretty cool, but to be honest, the CycloDS Evolution is still at the top for me.

Actually, AceKard team just shipped out a second AceKard for our site, to the winner of our Worms Open Warfare 2 tournament. It is unfortunately timing that our site went down now, but well, it was free for him. I'm sure we'll get some new flash carts to send out for our next tournament. Stay tuned!Â
smile.gif

I heard the M3 Perfect and the EZ Flash has way better battery life than the Supercard. Either way, battery drain happens with any cart, even retail carts. M3 Perfect is probably one of the best slot 2's in terms of battery life.
Very nice. If you guys ever have a Jump or Pokemon tourny then I am down and prolly have a good shot at winning.
laugh.gif

Too bad the M3 perfect can't be used as a RAM expansion or else it really would be PERFECT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over