Gaming Looking for a game.

OmegaPikachu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for a good game to play that has a good story and really great fights.

I loved Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, Fire Emblem Awakening, Almost everything pokemon.

I liked Bravely Default. Looking for more in terms of an RPG. Preferably not turn based, but if a game is good I dont mind it.

Thanks!

Noelemahc

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Haaaaave you considered the Devil Survivor duology? Non-linear non-fantasy tactical RPGs about demons (in the first) and aliens (in the second) turning modern-day Japan to chaos and a bunch of teens saving the day using demons from the Shin Megami Tensei series.

Not suggesting the core Shin Megami Tensei (only one of those on the 3DS thus far) because it is teeth-pullingly difficult and a lot of people are scared of that.

Potato hoarder

Hoarder of Potatoes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looking for a good game to play that has a good story and really great fights.

I loved Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, Fire Emblem Awakening, Almost everything pokemon.

I liked Bravely Default. Looking for more in terms of an RPG. Preferably not turn based, but if a game is good I dont mind it.

Thanks!
Five words; The world ends with you.

You remember traverse town from dream drop distance? It's that game. The story is amazing and it has a unique non turn based battle system in which you fight with two people. One person using up,down,left,right, the other using abxy.

It was fun and I would recommend. It's a ds title, not 3ds but still worth playing.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You remember traverse town from dream drop distance? It's that game. The story is amazing and it has a unique non turn based battle system in which you fight with two people. One person using up,down,left,right, the other using abxy.

It was fun and I would recommend. It's a ds title, not 3ds but still worth playing.
I second this: Definitely check out TWEWY

Reactions: Potato hoarder

OmegaPikachu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I second this: Definitely check out TWEWY

Yea I've heard alot of people really enjoy that game.

True that I have never played it. Might try it.

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
I like similar sort of games but your options on 3ds are fairly limited. Shin Megami Tensei IV is excellent story wise and the easiest difficulty isn't all that hard if that's a turn off, although it is turn based. Have you played Tales of the Abyss? It has an excellent story line, real-time battles and is my favourite game in the tales series by far. Steamworld Heist is also quite excellent, I would recommend looking into it, sort of a mix of real-time and turn based strategy. Other than that from the titles I've played your really more getting into the dungeon crawler/strategy side of things.

Reactions: AyanamiRei

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
devil survivor 1 and 2, etrian odysee games, persona q.
fantasy life is fun, through its more of a very light hearted rpg game. fun though, since you can be a bunch of things, like fisherman or cook if you dont feel like bashing monsters.

oh and mario and luigi dream team/paper jam bros

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
I really enjoyed Legend of Legacy, although it's not as refined or polished as the other 3DS RPG's. Once you get the hang on it, it's very addicting!

I'm enjoying Yo-kai Watch too at the moment. Don't buy into the "Pokemon Killer" press that it's getting, enter that game with an open mind and no expectations. I've put in two playthroughs at 60 hours each. It's really fun!

Noelemahc

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I really suggest you to play it in Android or iPhone
The mobile port is much much better
The ds game almost ruined my touch screen.
YMMV, the mobile version changes the combat system somewhat and hey, it all depends on the quality of your screen protectors. You ARE using a screen protector, right?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely check the Etrian Odessey games. If you like dungeon crawling, they are amazing. Classic mode and drawing your own map IS SO MUCH FUN!

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can suggest you to try Labyrinth No Kanata, with the fan translation.
It's a dungeon crawler with 1st person view. It also has a specific battle system. At the point i am in the game, there is no developped story but "4 people playing a game finding themselve linked to a cave through the game, so they move one". Give it a try, at least for the sake of the great work of the sub team.

Tales of the abyss was one of my favorite game of the 3DS. As i've never played the PS2 version, and since it is my very 1st Tales of' game, i enjoyed this really much.
On the beginning of the 3DS life, i really found this game as the best game of the 3DS, even if being a port.
Not so true now since we have some other really good game (but not as much as the NDS has ;-; )

Last edited by koyuki38,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans