Looking for a g6lite starter guide

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by aaymon_86, Sep 12, 2006.

Sep 12, 2006
  1. aaymon_86
    OP

Newcomer aaymon_86 Member

Canada
    Hi guys. I already have a sclite, but i want a good flashcart for gba that is completely flush in the dslite so I ordered a G6lite from www.winsunx.com for about $106 cad(Pretty good).
    I want to follow some guides to make sure I delete things I don't need on my G6 right, update it properly, and also make sure I don't corrupt it.
    I already have these sites as a reference.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=34239 -- G6 Lite review
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35858&st=0 -- G6 Lite FAQ Thread

I saw a topic that had do's and don't for the G6, some sites for updates and there were some good frequently asked questions. I can't seem to find it. I remember the colors for the answers were different than the questoins or something like that was in the guide. If anyone can post that topic I'd appreciate it cause it was a very good G6lite guide.

thanks.

2. aaymon_86
    OP

Canada
    No one knows what that topic is?!

3. gr33dy

Member gr33dy GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. sketch143

Member sketch143 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    All i can say is.. get ready for corrupted files.. i think people will agree with me that it happens to most G6Lite owners at one point or another. =p

5. aaymon_86
    OP

Canada
    Thanks gr33dy. Isn't it the majority of ppl that have the chinese version of G6lite that has the corruption issues?

6. Hypnotoad

Member Hypnotoad GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I wouldn't agree that most G6Lite owners have had corruption problems. I bet that the ratio of working to non-working cards is much lower than most people think. Remember, more people will post on a message board when they're personally having problems.

I'd be willing to bet that there are many happy G6L owners out there who've never had a problem with their card.

7. sketch143

Member sketch143 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Don't get me wrong.. i like the card.. =p but on my first week, i all my files got corrupted and i have no idea why. =p

8. zeph

Newcomer zeph Member

United States
    I've had a G6 Lite for almost a month and haven't had any problems with it whatsoever.
    I love it.
    It's great seeing my code on physical hardware, hehe.