Hacking Looking for a ds flashcart for my friend, is there a diff between all of them?

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
A friend of mine is a nintendo noob, i managed to get him to buy a 2ds which is being shipped as we speak and ill help him get lumacfw on it, he wants to play ds games since he never played any (or many) and honestly its a great idea since theres so many classics out there, my old ds is knackered from the amount of hrs i put into it. Anyway searched gbatemp and saw a few threads and about the ds flashcarts, but honestly whats the difference between em? before anyone says anything ill make sure he buys from nds-card.com. Thanks ppl.

SwaGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What I know,is that almost every ds flashcard is the same,but dstwo flashcard has build in emulators and such (which is mostly mentioned that the emulators are better than common emulators) , though I know it's more expensive and I don't really know how well it is to playing ds roms

Be careful though,
at a specific firmware tons of ds flashards were blocked,and need some patches (.cia files) to be unblocked
you probably know that,but I'm just saying that so you don't buy a flashcard that won't work with the 3ds.

(Sorry for calling the system 3ds instead of 2ds but I'm just used to it)
But you really,need a second opinion,I don't know much,I just watched the thread and wanted to offer whatever assistance I could

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
dont think theres a need for dstwo, he wanted the emulators for gba games etc and i told him he can just dl virtual console games, and showed him a list.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Buy dstt if he's gonna use luma3ds, as it's the best one for using forwarders
Im guessing forwarders are when you can put it on your main 3ds menu like some cia file and just boot it up when you want to?
nvm, bothered to look it up and sweet. can the dstt play all games? i remembered back in the day my old ds lite w/ r4 wood or w/e it was w/ or w/o ysmenu couldnt play pkemon black 2 lets say, can this play all games?

Last edited by Dvir,

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
r4i gold/r4 sdhc RTS

For snes/gba is best to install them as CIAs (virtual console native or conversion)

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im guessing forwarders are when you can put it on your main 3ds menu like some cia file and just boot it up when you want to?
nvm, bothered to look it up and sweet. can the dstt play all games? i remembered back in the day my old ds lite w/ r4 wood or w/e it was w/ or w/o ysmenu couldnt play pkemon black 2 lets say, can this play all games?
A DSTT or an R4i-SDHC RTS (www.r4i-sdhc.com) flashcard will work with forwarders.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
r4i gold/r4 sdhc RTS

For snes/gba is best to install them as CIAs (virtual console native or conversion)

It works with Pokemon Black & White 2. It also works with DBZ Kai Ultimate Butouden, which I had problems running on older cards. Dragon Quest IX also works great. Not sure about other games.

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
whats the biggest difference between em all? i mean can dstt play all the games that came out on ds? i mean the ones that needed special ap patches back in the day for some ap 2.5 or w/e, its 8$.
Then theres the two r4's and the many clones, 14$ and 17$ on nds-card.com. Is the few $ difference between the cheapest and most expensive the rts and cheats i can use? thoguh im sure i can use ysmenu for cheats on dstt, and the diff between the 14-17$? is there any? and from what youve said i can use forwarders on the 13$ card not the 17$ gold one.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
whats the biggest difference between em all? i mean can dstt play all the games that came out on ds? i mean the ones that needed special ap patches back in the day for some ap 2.5 or w/e, its 8$.
Then theres the two r4's and the many clones, 14$ and 17$ on nds-card.com. Is the few $ difference between the cheapest and most expensive the rts and cheats i can use? thoguh im sure i can use ysmenu for cheats on dstt, and the diff between the 14-17$? is there any? and from what youve said i can use forwarders on the 13$ card not the 17$ gold one.

dont know about the DSTT but the R4I Gold and the R4 SDHC RTS can play all DS games with no problems.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supercard dstwo +
or even better,gateway :P
DSTwo+ is a waste if you don't want to run it as a 3ds flashcart, and the gateway is also a waste when you can use CFW to install any game.
And both of those have DS functionality, but you can get a DS mode flashcart for $20 if you want a good one.

r4i gold/r4 sdhc RTS

I second the R4i Gold. Has a wonderful interface and works very well.
The only other card I would think to recommend would be DSTwo, but I personally think most of the "extra" functionality it brings to the table is either not useful for me or can be done even better on 3ds through emulators or VC/VC Injection. At this point if OP is going to be installing CFW they only need a card with basic functionality (run games, cheat codes, homebrew, and maybe multimedia)

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
whoops, forgot that i opened this thread. My friend bought the r4i gold rts, the 17$ card in the end. Thank you all for your input. Have a great day

richardparker

Trophies
XP
Country
India
DSTwo+ is a waste if you don't want to run it as a 3ds flashcart, and the gateway is also a waste when you can use CFW to install any game.
And both of those have DS functionality, but you can get a DS mode flashcart for $20 if you want a good one.

I second the R4i Gold. Has a wonderful interface and works very well.
The only other card I would think to recommend would be DSTwo, but I personally think most of the "extra" functionality it brings to the table is either not useful for me or can be done even better on 3ds through emulators or VC/VC Injection. At this point if OP is going to be installing CFW they only need a card with basic functionality (run games, cheat codes, homebrew, and maybe multimedia)
I was kidding

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi