OP
Trophies
Website
www.corenting.fr
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I almost finished an old project, DSDaft. This is an homebrew like iDaft.
As I don't want to work on it anymore (it's an old thing for me), I just cleaned the sourcecode. It's working (only one song, Harder Better Stronger), but there isn't the background music.

So, instead of releasing it in an incomplete state, I'm looking for another developper (the project is coded with the NFLib) to add the background music. The music file is already in, I just need someone to write the code :D I tried a few months ago with MaxMod but I failed...
If you want to help me, please PM me :D I will give you some details. You can also submit a PR on my Github : https://github.com/corenting/DSDaft

corenting

OP
Trophies
Website
www.corenting.fr
XP
Country
France
If You have the music in tracker format, it requires 3 small lines of code to go, if You have other format, it will go diffrent way...

It's .raw files played with NFlib functions so no tracker format.
LeRodeur started a private conversation with me to help me but if you want to help too PM me :D

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
Ah RAW, it won't make CPU sweat so I'm calm You will do good job
I'm not sure if I can help (my free time is being small) also I don't know NFLib good enough yet
For now I will stay here to answer any problems I will able to solve

corenting

OP
Trophies
Website
www.corenting.fr
XP
Country
France
Ah RAW, it won't make CPU sweat so I'm calm You will do good job
I'm not sure if I can help (my free time is being small) also I don't know NFLib good enough yet
For now I will stay here to answer any problems I will able to solve

OK thanks you ! LeRodeur advised me to use MaxMod. I will try again to use it but if you know how to add a stream and some controls with MaxMod drop me a PM :)

corenting

OP
Trophies
Website
www.corenting.fr
XP
Country
France
OMG !!

Just harder better faster stronger would make it great !

Thanks ! It will just be "Harder Better Stronger" but with high and low pitch and background music, like on the iPhone :D

And if somebody know how to add MaxMod streaming, PM me because I don't have a lot of free time... So I don't think I will be able to implement it until February :(

Reactions: 1 person

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
OMG !!

Thanks ! It will just be "Harder Better Stronger" but with high and low pitch and background music, like on the iPhone :D

And if somebody know how to add MaxMod streaming, PM me because I don't have a lot of free time... So I don't think I will be able to implement it until February :(
You could also add the instrumental version of Kanye West's song "Stronger" (as the normal version is crap). It would only require slower/lower pitched "Harder Better Faster Stronger" vocals, but you'd have to do extensive work on the actual instrumental to take out the "Harder Better Faster Stronger" in the back.

corenting

OP
Trophies
Website
www.corenting.fr
XP
Country
France
OMG !!

You could also add the instrumental version of Kanye West's song "Stronger" (as the normal version is crap). It would only require slower/lower pitched "Harder Better Faster Stronger" vocals, but you'd have to do extensive work on the actual instrumental to take out the "Harder Better Faster Stronger" in the back.

Sorry, I will not add any songs now. Maybe later, but I'm trying first to finish the homebrew with one song.

Will the background music be in Mp3 format ?

It's in .raw (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_audio_format).

LeRodeur

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Gods it would kill DS literally...there is one not written rule
NO MP3 for Background music in projects...just no
SFX is semi-ok cuz still better and less CPU hunger is WAV with MaxMod (or RAW)
Yes and no.
For those kind of projects mp3 would be fine with aslib, the only problem (and i never faced it) is the instability of the aslib arm7 build, but its not that cpu consuming

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
One more thing, some flashcards can't make sound from ASLib (unless fixed)
True is that ARM7 will make it less CPU consuming but still...RAW or WAV or Tracker would go better, tough I'm not sure how Tracker music would have to fit with such thing so RAW and WAV as my vote

As for streaming I can't recall proper way, You would have to check FATLib documentation, I never did streaming...unless...maybe "that" project of Player which I did with help of friend...maybe it had streaming code...I will check it later

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Yes and no.
For those kind of projects mp3 would be fine with aslib, the only problem (and i never faced it) is the instability of the aslib arm7 build, but its not that cpu consuming
I was thinking if it was mp3 ( ogg would be fine too which takes up less RAM ) we could play the BG music from our flashcard.

LeRodeur

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes and no.
I was thinking if it was mp3 ( ogg would be fine too which takes up less RAM ) we could play the BG music from our flashcard.
Could be done with ogg, I remember someone doing streaming with ogg using the fixed point version of ogg lib and maxmod, though I think corenting hasn't got the level to do it by himself yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1