Hardware Looking for a cpu heatsink fan, a fan controller, and ssd

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone i am new to these parts. I need help finding a good quality fan controller and cpu heatsink fan. I don't know the good brands from the bad so i need help. I dont know how much they are going to be but i prefer if possible not to spend over 50, i have a intel i3 2120 processor so i need one for them. For the fan controller 30 would be nice for one if possible.

Hi everyone i was considering buying a ssd. I have no clue whatsoever about them so i need help. I don't know how big of a one i should get for one and what brand. The price i have no clue about either so i can't define a range. Please help me find one that is good.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Arctic Freezer Pro 7 or 13 if you want to keep it simple (13 is bigger). Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced if you want something a lil stronger. Antec Kuhler 620 if you want a closed loop water cooler (you just have to mount the radiator onto a case fan, if your case allows).

Don't know a thing about fan controllers. My case (Antec 1200 v1) has them built in, so I never needed to buy them.

For SSD, currently the only two that can be recommended are the Crucial M4 or Samsung 830. The M4 is considered mid-ranged, but firmware updates have improved performance by 70% so it's now able to compete with the high end stuff. Samsung 830 is roughly the same speed as the OCZ Vertex 3, slightly more expensive, but also supposed to be more reliable. It also looks damn good and Samsung is a Korean company, and Koreans are known for making things reliable (after the Germans). As for price, expect to pay over $100 for any SSD (60-90GB). Any less and it's too small to be worth it unless you intend to make use of certain Intel Z68 technology. If you're on a budget, SSDs aren't worth it (you can put that $100 into a 1TB HDD and get better parts with the rest).

Now that the advice is out of the way, final word... please do some friggin' research rather than expect others to do everything for you. Newegg has an entire section for SSDs where you can clearly see what kind of prices to expect for comparatively small capacities.

Reactions: 1 person

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the information i had no clue whatsoever before about any of the stuff so i am going to look around and see if i can find good stuff. i dont expect everyone to choose something for me i just needed help identifying good parts. When i find something i think is good i will post it here and you can help me out a little more.

Edit okay i found a crucial m4 64gb for 103 that looks perfect for me but as i said i have no experience in ssds so i wanted to know if this is a good one if not i can keep on looking. http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820148447
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2CCA

Edit again Okay i am getting a case that is going to come with a fan controller so i don't need one now.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters