Hardware looking for a cheap emulator laptop that can play up to ppsspp

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A Dell Inspiron 1440 meets the requirements for ppsspp according to the site you linked to. It's base spec is an intel dual core cpu @ 2.00 ghz but models in that range went as far as a core 2 extreme x9100. It has either intel gma 4500mhd graphics (which is opengl 2.1 compliant but nothing more) using shared memory for the video or a more powerful ATI (Radeon) Mobility HD 4330 GPU with 512mb dedicated memory and opengl 3.3 compliance.

Another option would be an HP dv4t or dv4tse/dv4se.

Both models are about 3/4 years old so they shouldn't be too expensive second-hand.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
your better off getting a psp

This.

Not only do you get PSP games, but you can also play PS1 as well as various emulators (SNES, NES, GBA, GB/C, N64 to a point, and quite a few others) so it'd be perfect for what you want. And you can usually find them for $50-$60 online, too, so it's a cheaper option

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm if I had to pick between a PSP and a Laptop PC.... I would probably go with the PC if I didn't have a home PC, but if I already had a PC I would for sure get the PSP instead.

Perhaps the OP is in that situation?

If you are in that situation then by all means get a PC and check out the emulation options for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse