Looking for a Castlevania: POR save file

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by 4saken, May 28, 2007.

May 28, 2007
  1. 4saken
    OP

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Does anybody know where to find a Castlevania: POR save specifically where it is bound to freeze (or a save point near there, then instructions on how to get there), or could somebody please upload one. Preferably in 512kB .sav format. My search yielded no useful results.

Thanks

2. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    One question. Why do you want a save that freezes?

3. 4saken
    OP

Australia
    Woops. Guess I forgot to mention that. I'm testing some of my cards to see whether it will freeze, and the frequency of the crashes.

4. KMC

Newcomer KMC Member

United States
    Why don't you just get a back up and try it yourself? It would be faster. Atleast in my opinion.

5. WigWrm

Member WigWrm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just play the game for about 15-20 minutes. Once you get to the first Warp point (Huge floating stone with green/yellow flashing) press up and see if it crashes. You will see "Entrance" on your top screen and because you have not accessed any other warp points you will only see one blue square highlighted on the map on the bottom screen. If it freezes you will still see picture on both screens and hear music but you will not be able to move the character. The intro video may also play at a choppy framerate or freeze indefinantly. Amongst the cards you are testing, the ones with the lowest access times "latency" will play the game with no problems. Anything under 1.0m/s should play the game perfectly. (My PNY card has a 0.7m/s latency time and the game works without a hitch.)

Here is my save though for you to try out. It's pretty far into the game. Just find any room with a blue square on the map on the top screen) This is a warp point. Try using it a few times and see if you card(s) crash.
    Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (R4DS).sav

6. 4saken
    OP

Australia
    Thanks for that save.

There was also something about "the wind", and spamming a monk or shop. Or spamming controls. Does anybody know where this stuff is [​IMG]

7. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Sweden
    Wind is a ghost and the monk sells stuff. All located at the same place, the shop. It's in the mid/left part in the beginning of the game. Or you can play from the start for about 6min and you will end up there as well.

8. 4saken
    OP

Australia
    So I take it, if you avoid spamming start/actions at those two locations, the game will be less likely the freeze there? I have not experienced a freeze yet on my M3 Lite [​IMG]

9. WigWrm

Member WigWrm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you can use the warp portals, then visiting Wind and the Monk (for side quests and to buy/sell items) will not freeze your game.

10. fli_guy84

Member fli_guy84 GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
    In my case, I didn't encounter any freezes when using warp points or talking to Wind. It happens when I spam the sub weapon Javelin to master it.

Although it didn't happen every time, I managed to get PoR to freeze like 3-4 times.