Gaming Looking for a 360 flasher

beedog19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo guys!

So I recently bought a 360 off of a friend and after a couple months I'm thinking about getting it modded. Now, I checked my desktop and it appears that I do not have the requisite SATA chipset for me to flash it myself. I was wondering if there was anyone that was interested in flashing it for me? I could take it apart myself so you would just need to flash the drive and send it back.

I'm in Southern California so if anyone is local that's cool, if not I can pay shipping both ways. Thanks!
grog.gif

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
check craigslist

i met a really cool kid off there that lives about 30 min away and flashed mine for me and he even made it so the warranty sticker is still good

search 360 modding or some shit like that

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can get a PCI Card which has a SATA port on it.

There is a person which flashed my drive for me, he did it for £20 which included Special delivery back to me and The Orange Box burned to a dl dvd. He is a very kind person, has done other stuff for me, Thug4L1f3 and me would recommend him.

But considering you live California and he lives in the Uk, i think, the shipping would be expensive I'm sure. But if you are still intrested then go on IRC. Efnet and join #GBAtemp.net then pm ' djnaff '

Or try out Cragslist, or go on xbox-scene and there is a topic which shows you who flashs dvd drives and where they located.

and watch out, if you have a lite-on you can't get it flashed, if you have a Hitachi 79 it requires a special chip installed which some flashers may not do or they will charge extra.

-lildeemo-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Prime said:
You can get a PCI Card which has a SATA port on it.

There is a person which flashed my drive for me, he did it for £20 which included Special delivery back to me and The Orange Box burned to a dl dvd. He is a very kind person, has done other stuff for me, Thug4L1f3 and me would recommend him.

But considering you live California and he lives in the Uk, i think, the shipping would be expensive I'm sure. But if you are still intrested then go on IRC. Efnet and join #GBAtemp.net then pm ' djnaff '

Or try out Cragslist, or go on xbox-scene and there is a topic which shows you who flashs dvd drives and where they located.

and watch out, if you have a lite-on you can't get it flashed, if you have a Hitachi 79 it requires a special chip installed which some flashers may not do or they will charge extra.
thats funny im installing the passkey on saturday to flash mine i just did an older one yesterday works like a charm

beedog19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Ben-q drive, atleast it appears to be the Ben-Q drive.

I have checked Craig's list and I actually found a guy that was pretty close to me only to find out that he moved while I was still at school. Now he's about 20 min away from me which wouldn't be that bad if I had a car... I may still try to set something up with him but he's really hard to get in touch with, took a week and a half just to get an initial response so I was seeing if there was anyone on here that was willing to do it.

Edit: I also have looked into the PCI cards but; 1. This is my mom's computer and she probably wouldn't want me doing any modifications to it as I've already broken it on several occasions. 2. Most of the SATA adapters I've seen run around $20-30 and for a little more I could have someone do it for me and not run the risk of breaking my 360 or my computer.

Thank you all for the input, and I'm still here for suggestions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: okies :D put 'em here :O