Hacking Looking at doing New3dsXL-->New2dsXL bootstrap. Some questions please!

xwizit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys, i have a boostrap installed new3ds XL console running latest firmware but i am looking to buy a new 2ds xl and installing BS9 and using it as my main console instead of the N3dsXL. Some questions i have

I have a lot installed on my 128GB card already and many saves-at the end of the process on 3dsguide.com, once completed, will everything be transferred over to the N2DSXL by default? *IF NOT*, is this procedure difficult to do?

Will my Nintendo ID also be transferred to the N2DSXL due to the procedure?

What im basically saying is i want the N2DSXL to be finished and completed to be a total mirror image of my current N3DS XL, complete with my current memory card which is in my N3DS XL i want to take it out and put it into my new 2DS XL

I also have pokemon bank which is tied to my current console i want that to be on my N2DSXL.

Is what i am trying to do possible? is it simply following the 3ds.guide procedure that will do all of the above?

Thanks in advance :)

xwizit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If all your games were gotten from freeShop then all you have to do is run tikShop after the transfer is finished and B9S installed, and all your games will come back including their saves. Your NNID will be on the 2DS XL as well.

Hi, thanks, this sounds great. The tikishop, is this an app i install via CIA?

How does this magic happen? Where are my saves and games going to come from just by running this app? not doubting what you say AT ALL by the way im just curious as this sounds so easy!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also one more thing can this procedure be done on any NEW2dsXL firmware currently? i see it is supported on 11.6 but does this include 11.6.xx? firmwares too?

xwizit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am actually doing this method

"
Required Reading
There are two different methods of installing boot9strap using DSiWare on 11.6.0.

One of these methods only works with four specific games that are no longer sold on the eShop, while the other works with quite a few games still sold on the eShop.

Both of these methods require two devices. One 3DS (or 2DS) must be running boot9strap and is referred to as the source 3DS, while the other 3DS (or 2DS) is on stock 11.6.0 and referred to as the target 3DS."

Because i currently have a BS9 modded N3dsXL.

Do i need to install tikshop NOW and do any form of backup of my current games and saves?

Or do i simply buy the 2dsxl and finish the procedure and then meddle with tikshop?

Also does this above method also work on 11.6.xx firmware or does it need to ONLY be 11.6.0?

cempasuchil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I can't say for sure if it'll work on anything above 11.6.0, since that is the latest firmware currently.
you can run tikShop anytime before transferring stuff.
on a side-note, tikShop gives you tickets for everything on the eShop, so I'd recommend running tikSweep on your N2DS after transferring everything onto it

Last edited by cempasuchil,

xwizit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well, I can't say for sure if it'll work on anything above 11.6.0, since that is the latest firmware currently.
you can run tikShop anytime before transferring stuff.
on a side-note, tikShop gives you tickets for everything on the eShop, so I'd recommend running tikSweep on your N2DS after transferring everything onto it

Hi, Thanks, so 11.6 is the same as
11.6.0-39E? (the current latest)

If this is the case i think i am ready to start :)

So

Step 1. Download tikshop and run it on my current N3DS XL
Step 2. Run tiksweep
Step 3.Start the procedure from 3ds.guide
Once complete, run tikshop on my now modded 2dsxl and i should be able to restore all games and saves that i currently have/had.
NID will also be on my N2DSXL

Have i missed any steps?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

So

Step 2. Run tiksweep
Once complete, run tikshop on my now modded 2dsxl and i should be able to restore all games and saves that i currently have/had.

Have i missed any steps?
No.
1. Follow the guide
2. Run tikShop on the target console
Optional: run tikSweep in the target console (this is only if you want to be able to pay money for games on the eShop).

The data for the games and saves are moved by the system transfer, but the tickets are not (since they weren't bought). TikShop just puts the tickets back. You need tickets for the games to appear on the home menu.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

cempasuchil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So

Step 2. Run tiksweep

Have i missed any steps?
Yes it works for that fw.
Oh man I messed up, tikShop is after, not before transfer.
You do not run tikShop/tiksweep on your N3DS, only on your N2DS at very end.

xwizit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, you are god amongst men.

I have been putting this off for ages but i thought the questions i had were a bit complicated.

But you have made it crystal clear. Many thanks and a merry christmas to all of you.

No.
1. Follow the guide
2. Run tikShop on the target console
Optional: run tikSweep in the target console (this is only if you want to be able to pay money for games on the eShop).

The data for the games and saves are moved by the system transfer, but the tickets are not (since they weren't bought). TikShop just puts the tickets back. You need tickets for the games to appear on the home menu.

Just one more question--->since my source 3ds has the 128GB sd card and my target New2DSXL will only have a 4gb sd card that comes with the console, will the system transfer still work? If not, how do i get around this problem? I assume its not just as easy as once the system transfer is done, to just take my 128GB card out of my current source 3ds and put it into my new 2ds XL?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Guys, you are god amongst men.

I have been putting this off for ages but i thought the questions i had were a bit complicated.

But you have made it crystal clear. Many thanks and a merry christmas to all of you.

Just one more question--->since my source 3ds has the 128GB sd card and my target New2DSXL will only have a 4gb sd card that comes with the console, will the system transfer still work? If not, how do i get around this problem? I assume its not just as easy as once the system transfer is done, to just take my 128GB card out of my current source 3ds and put it into my new 2ds XL?
Yep, during the transfer it will tell you when you move the SD card over.

xwizit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
YOU GUYS

THIS FORUM <3 <3 <3

It is DONE! i love my new 2ds xl soooo much more comfortable than the new 3ds xl! and its all set up did everything as you guys said :) like clockwork and like magic! thanks again to everyone!

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...