lookin for a slot 1 thatll work with homebrew

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by FFVII-2, Jan 17, 2007.

Jan 17, 2007
  1. FFVII-2
    OP

Member FFVII-2 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hey everyone, back early last summer i bought the passcard 3 and g6 lite. and i love it, except i figure the scummvm problems would be 100% fixed by now thru an update...no avail...so im looking to buy a slot 1 card that can boot homebrew and double as a passcard for g6...are there any out there? thanks

2. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    All the slot 1 solutions seem to have trouble with homebrew. Patches seem to be coming out to get them working on the slot 1. I would recommend the R4 and wait for all the patches to arrive.

3. jeklnoo

Member jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Supercard-the-company has not had good homebrew support in the past. We had to reverse-engineer their firmware to use them. Recently they are getting better, having released code for the DS One.

DS-X has decent homebrew compatibility, but they are very uncooperative. They made many promises, but have not released any code at all yet. If something works on other cards, but not on DS-X, they blame the coder, not their device.

And, as noted above, both the DS One and R4 (M3Simply is the same) have working DLDI drivers. So you probably wont go wrong with either of those.

EZ5 has a bug where you need to hexedit NDS homebrew to make it work. Hopefully they fix this.

4. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Take a look here. The next version of ScummVM DS will support DLDI [​IMG]

5. FFVII-2
    OP

Member FFVII-2 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    alright thanks everyone. guess ill wait a lil longer and see how the R4 handles scummvm