DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The China Hi-Tech Fair is taking place in Shenzhen this week, and among the gadgetry being shown to attendees is a Kinect-like motion sensing unit built for games called the i-dong.

Developed by Taishan Online Technology Co Ltd., the i-dong (as reported by Tech-On!) is not a new console but, rather, a peripheral that can be used with other devices, such as PCs and set-top boxes.

i-dong comes in two parts: a thin black sensor unit with a camera and IR lights (imagine something directly in-between a Wii sensor bar and a Kinect), and a one-handed wand controller (right). The i-dong controller has buttons and a spherical top, which Tech-On! says is used to reflect light from the IR lights coming from the sensor unit. It is also possible to play games with a button-less IR light reflector that can be attached to other peripherals. One demonstration has the reflector attached to a ping-pong raquet.

The unit is being demonstrated this week as both a game-playing device with the controller, and as a way of interacting with multimedia, such as switching channels on a set-top cable box.

i-dong can be purchased in China for Rmb1,480, or about $222.89.
Source: http://www.1up.com/news/kinect-i-dong

I really hope they don't change the name if it comes stateside.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Lol, i-dong?
laugh.gif

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
they ripped off the Move and Kinect at the same time

consider me impressed

QUOTE(SifJar @ Nov 22 2010, 04:25 PM) More like Move than Kinect really. But basically just a Wii Remote, only with both the camera and the LEDs in the sensor bar.

Yeah after i read the article again it made more sense as the Move actually, but the eye part reminds me of the Kinect.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This name is even worse than Ayds.

You heard it here first; Ayds makes people thin.
Who supposes the name actually will change eventually? More importantly, I wonder if they know that it's such a double entendre.
unsure.gif

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"if only...someone could put together all 3 big gaming companies into one peripheral...oh wait...its been made? i-Dong

instead of doing, we take the i out and put it right in front, makes all tech savvy sounding and desired by all nerds.

And lets sell it for more than the Wii, everyone will buy it...."

-round table development for i-Dong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."