Hacking Longer boot times after 11.3 update

random_human_being_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I had already posted this in the "Noob paradise" thread, but as it went pretty much unseen I hope I'll have better luck here.

Since I've updated to 11.3 from 11.2 I've been experiencing longer boot times (around 7 seconds, instead of almost instantly). I have softmodded my 2DS last month using Plailect's guide, so everything is up to date, except Hourglass9 which is one or two releases old; I've always used Luma3DS hourly, even updated it a couple of times after updating to 11.3, but nothing has changed.

I've also seen another guy with the same issue on Reddit, but he just restored a previous backup; something which I, in my infinite wisdom, had all but forgotten to do. I do have a NAND backup, but it's one of version 7.x I made when going through the guide.

I assume there might be various possible issues, so is there a way to troubleshoot the boot process, e.g. by enabling a verbose mode from Luma?

random_human_being_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I did actually change the SD card the day before updating, but I did not notice any difference in boot times while on 11.2. Also, it still takes the same time if I turn on the console without the SD card.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
OP doesn't state using a emuNAND though.
Did you even read my post?
It has the option to format without emuNAND
snap001-png.45567

Any advantage to doing so, as opposed to using guiformat?
It properly formats it for the 3DS with less effort.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm officially, somewhat illiterate. OP could use TinyFormat too, no?
Tinyformat doesn't work that way. It's basically used as faster way to reformat your NAND like you would in the system settings. But the SD card isn't reformatted
EmuNAND9, just properly formats the SD card with the best setup for the 3DS.

Last edited by The Catboy,

random_human_being_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would instead use GUIFormat [...] because they have an option to increase the cluster size of the SD (it makes it run faster).

I did previously format the same SD with guiformat, but I kept the cluster size to 32kb, as some people have reported issues with 64kb.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused because even when brand new & pre-modded, my 3DS never booted "almost instantly". But is 7 seconds that bad? Your 2DS boots in the time it takes to read the first sentence of this post, and faster than mine which is roughly 11-12 seconds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night