Hacking Long time since I updated, what should I do?

Nera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's been quite some time since I've been here last time, I hope you guys can help me out
smile.gif

So I would like to update my wii to the newest firmware, newest USB loader(with the new cIOSrev or whatever was neccesary for the new version), newest preloader(not neccesarly but would be nice) mainly bacause HOTD Overkill doesn't run that well, but just bacause i want to be up to date too
So Right now I have System menu 4.0 E, preloader 0.29, the newest homebrew channel(updated it today, i think it's not that new anymore but it has been a time since i last turned my wii on) And USB Loader 1.1 (and the cIOSrev 9 ,or something like that that is neccesary to run USB loader, i'm sure it was something with a 9)

So I'd like to know what to update in what order and where to find most things, because I wouldn't want to brick my wii,and i'd still like to be able to: Play games from USB Harddrive, Play wii ware and VC games installed through wads (from ANY region), from the SD card menu, play original games

Thanks in advance
Nera

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Upgrading to 4.1 is very important, and it will not brick your Wii. If you want your Wii to become region free (channels, ga,me disc, etc.), then use StartPatch or GeckoOS. All, it will not brick your Wii.

Nera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
leondmsmith said:
read ultimate 4.1 upgrade guide it tells all, you will be wanting bootmii too as boot 2 and a nand backup creating.

Uuum i searched it on google, but i seem to find a guide that's for unmodded wii's, I just want to update my cIOSrev and my system menu,
Can I update system menu via nintendo?(i guess not), and can i just install the newest cIOSrev( i guess that's 15), without uninstalling the preloader or damaging anything else?

Thanks again
Nera

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nera said:
leondmsmith said:
read ultimate 4.1 upgrade guide it tells all, you will be wanting bootmii too as boot 2 and a nand backup creating.

Uuum i searched it on google, but i seem to find a guide that's for unmodded wii's, I just want to update my cIOSrev and my system menu,
Can I update system menu via nintendo?(i guess not), and can i just install the newest cIOSrev( i guess that's 15), without uninstalling the preloader or damaging anything else?

Thanks again
Nera

You can upgrade your system menu to 4.1 using the official Nintendo update. Use it, and it will not brick your Wii.

If you want to uninstall Preloader, use AnyTitleDeleter. Google for it (go to http://www.google.com and type 'AnyTitleDeleter Wii' (without quotes)).

Nera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
antonkan said:
Nera said:
leondmsmith said:

Thanks again
Nera

You can upgrade your system menu to 4.1 using the official Nintendo update. Use it, and it will not brick your Wii.

If you want to uninstall Preloader, use AnyTitleDeleter. Google for it (go to http://www.google.com and type 'AnyTitleDeleter Wii' (without quotes)).

I don't want to uninstall the preloader, i want to keep it,
So it's safe to update through nintendo and i will still be able to use all my homebrew?
And what about the cIOS rev 15 can i just install it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over