Long time reader, new to site

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been looking to register here for awhile but never got around to it. I find there are a good split of the informed and not here, but quite a few people can be bright and helpful which is nice. The layout here is fresher, there's a ton more posts to go through, just overall more entertaining. I have been with pocketheaven for awhile now, mod for SNES Advance board, but currently going through some misunderstanding with someone there who's banning me out of the irc channel that goes with it, and I feel there maybe next.

I've had my fair share of stupidity of abusive site admins from various places since the late 90s such as at Dave's VGC (now VGN), another recent startup site, and perhaps now at PH too.

I've noticed the mods and admins aren't power tripping jerk types here so I hope I don't regret signing on here and end up enjoying this place a whole lot.

Well...might as well put a bit about myself for credibility sake. Been in emulation since 1996 and helped hack (to make work) old NES games to make them work, beta tested for various projects, run the NES World Jukebox (created digital music of classic game tunes in XM format mostly), been active in the Gameboy scene to date, have a strong technical knowledge of systems, moreso Nintendo based units. I am a former employee of Midway Home Entertainment when I lived in California and put out 5 games to the market in that time (NHL Hitz 2002 PS2 and XB, Legion PS2, Slugfest 2003 XB, and my favorite project Defender for Cube which I designed the controller setup for among other production end duties.)

I usually got fairly good insights, and I still maintain my connections within the industry so if I speak up on something it is coming from experience so don't it as a lamer talking fairydust or whatever. Hope it's fun here, and thanks.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I knew I recognised you and that damn cute little avatar from somewhere.
wink.gif
Good to see you've made your way over to our boards too.

You seem to have established a fair bit of knowledge, hopefully you can put it to use here! We help you, you help us - we all have a good time. You know the drill.

So - welcome to GBAtemp, Vampire Hunter D! Or, can that be VHD? Vampy? Vampy D?
nyanya.gif

matt1freek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I find there are a good split of the informed and not here, but quite a few people can be bright and helpful which is nice.

that's bound to happen, especially when it comes to the content of this particuar forum.
In this case the gimme gimme kids rear theyre ugly heads more often than not, not to mention other random nonsense.
it is however very easy to point out who knows what theyre talking about and who does not.
Thankfully this forum has many people who do "know theyre shit".
Anyways, It's great to see yet another well informed member joining these boards. and even though i may not post much here, very much for the same reason you stuck around yet never joined, I am looking forward to your posts here
grog.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welcome to the community, Vampire Hunter D - I hope you find us to be more personable than your past experiences. Nifty that you've been in the industry as well, I look forward to your insight.
smile.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, welcome back.
happy.gif
Stay away from DemonSpam. It's contaigous. (Kidding. Don't throw that broom at me.)
Hehe, it's too late, every topic I posts in contaminates everyone else who posted.
Nah, jk.
Welcome to GBAtemp Hotel, have fun here! It's always good to have a newcomer here who doesn't go, "Where teh romz?" and leave forever once Dark[Devil] gets hold of him.

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too much to use quote so I'll just mass reply in a big one...

shaun, thanks...nice to see you recognized me... my history goes as far back as doing a NES hackjob rom pack with Damaged Cybernetics back in 96 and the NES Header docs (still on gamefaqs!) so the nick 'VmprHntrD' is known. Shortcuts I've seen plenty...hunter, vhd, d...whatever.
wink.gif

matt1freak: Ya it's easy to see who's full of it and not. I used to fight the crusade against stupidity banning and kicking dozens of morons for months after the release of UltraHLE begging for roms in my channel... then iron fist admining the pedo's and psychos off the DVGC forums for years. I can sniff out bullshit nicely...sometimes I'll taunt it, other times I ignore it.

Qrayzie: I find some people here quite mature and personable...worth talking to (which is why I finally regged)...well that and the other junk.

Alex: Welcome back?
smile.gif
never regged before and been here...anything thx and yah demonspam... can't live with it, can't eat it and not get possessed.

Oh yah just to clarify. As far as VGN went I had backstabby admins I promoted, a whiteboys only racist, and a siteop owner over me that wouldn't let me take out the trash so I removed myself. The next time it happened (won't say site as I had a threat over it) problems with site admin, and I'm still watched as far as not mocking said person or site not that much could happen seeing as it was overseas and no real evidence. And well the third I think the top post covers enough...remember kids never say 'bitch' to another guy (just as some people would call their friends 'n' words as a niceness) even in jest if someone else who is idling may notice and want to ban you immaturely and set you to ignore.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/