jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
homebrew.gif
LoneWolfDS v1.4
New Spanish Version and A Few Fixes
lonewolfflightfromthedarkness.png
Michoko has released v1.4 of LoneWolf DS - Flight From The Dark.
For those who don't know - LoneWolfDS is a series of choose your own adventure type books for the Nintendo DS.
This update includes a new Spanish version of the game, as well as a few fixes.

Changelog said:
2008/04/27: version 1.4 (Recommended update!)
- Fixed a memory leak during random rolls, making the numbers disappear after many rolls.
- Fixed some vicious inventory bugs.
- Fixed many sections.
- Updated the events handling engine so future books will be easier to port.
- Spanish version! (thanks A LOT to NewKuato and El Clérigo Urbatain!!!)
download.gif
 Download English Version from Project Aon Website
download.gif
 Download Spanish Version from Project Aon Website
icon11.gif
 Project Homepage

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Michoko said:
Hi everybody!

I'm pleased to announce a new release of LoneWolfDS v1.4. And the biggest addition is nothing less than a Spanish version!
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I know, I had said that I would not do any translated version yet, but a guy called NewKuato contacted me some weeks ago, by providing all the book texts already translated. Moreover I must admit I was a bit euphoric because of the LoneWolfDS first place at the NEO compo, so I thought it would be worth a try.
wink.gif

My original concern was that it may take a lot of time to make a localized version, and hell, I was right! Without the amazing help from NewKuato and El Clérigo Urbatain, this project would have never seen the light. Those guys spent hours and hours testing the new translated engine, and I'm still impressed by the huge efforts they put into providing all translations and test reports. With such a great support, this translation has been really a positive experience!

But the second most important aspect is that with all those tests, a lot of bugs and events errors were detected and fixed, both in the Spanish and English version. Hence the new releases in both languages. Moreover, it has also helped stabilizing the engine for the second book (I've already started working on volume 2 too).

So here is the changelog:
Code:
2008/04/27: version 1.4 (Recommended update!)
- Fixed a memory leak during random rolls, making the numbers disappear after many rolls.
- Fixed some vicious inventory bugs.
- Fixed many sections.
- Updated the events handling engine so future books will be easier to port.
- Spanish version! (thanks A LOT to NewKuato and El Clérigo Urbatain!!!)

Before I get spammed with translations requests in all the languages of the world, let me say that I WON'T do any other language adaptations right now! It requires too much work and I prefer focusing on the second book now (so many things to do, so little time). Moreover, only the english and spanish versions are available for free on the net, so I'll stick to them right now.

Have fun!!
smile.gif

Michoko

PS: Please, don't host the ROMs on any other site, since the Project Aon license requires me to host all projects based on their work on the Project Aon site itself. So please give the following download URL instead: http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/index.php
Thank you!
smile.gif

thebawp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's fantastic to hear work on the second book has been begun! Also, congrats on your win, it was well deserved. A Spanish translation, eh? I have a good friend who I think would love LoneWolf, so perhaps I shall have to introduce him to this!

Michoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
Yup, and as I said, I can't count all the nasty and vicious bugs this translation allowed to identify. Now the work on the second book is starting on a very good basis
wink.gif

scoozer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thug4L1f3 said:
One of my favourite homebrews, I enjoy playing this for an hour or so in bed before I go to sleep.
*Updates*
Great stuff Michoko, thanks.

You play the same story every time for 1 hour?

i think i finished he game in 45mins or something, it is really great

i hope there will be more storys

Flozem

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
scoozer said:
Thug4L1f3 said:
One of my favourite homebrews, I enjoy playing this for an hour or so in bed before I go to sleep.
*Updates*
Great stuff Michoko, thanks.

You play the same story every time for 1 hour?

i think i finished he game in 45mins or something, it is really great

i hope there will be more storys

Well it has some replay - value with the multiple routes and choices you can make based on your character's feats. Though of course I wish the story was a little longer...

SomeGuyGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just played through the game for the first time after watching the project closely. Whoa! I love the random dice rolls, I was expecting more of the choose your own adventure style books that did not involve any strategy. This series of books must of been quite complicated to play on paper but work wonderfully on DS!

Now that the engine is in place hopefully the rest of the volumes can be ported, I'll be sure to play them all.

Keep up the great work and congrats on the win!

Michoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the kind words!
smile.gif

Unfortunately, I just found a rather fatal bug in the latest builds (both English and Spanish). I just posted a hotfix on the site.

Code:
Changelog:
2008/04/28: version 1.41 English/1.01 Spanish
- Hotfix which fixes a bug when saving a game without having the weaponskill discipline.

Sorry for the inconvenience, now it should work fine
blush.gif

Take care!
Michoko

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
SomeGuyGG said:
This series of books must of been quite complicated to play on paper but work wonderfully on DS!
Not really, actually! You didn't do a terrible amount of writing and erasing as a lot of the situations would be dealt with by either pointing out a random number on a chart (the last page of each book), or simply choosing a path based on your disciplines and/or own personal intuition.

And all you needed was a pen and eraser and you were good to go - everything else was already in the book, and it all fit on two pages which covered your disciplines, gold, number of meals, etc and combat record.

Here's what the action chart in the reprint looks like. There would be maybe four or five of these so that you could record more than one character/try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum.