LoneWolfDS v1.3

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by JPH, Apr 13, 2008.

Apr 13, 2008

LoneWolfDS v1.3 by JPH at 7:16 AM (2,298 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    LoneWolfDS v1.3
    Small Update
    [​IMG]
    Michoko has recently released v1.3 of LoneWolfDS, Flight From The Dark.
    For those who don't know - LoneWolfDS is a series of choose your own adventure type books for the Nintendo DS.
    This is a small update, which fixes a place where a sword and gold coins weren't available.
    [​IMG] Download from Project's Homepage
    [​IMG] Project's Homepage

2. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    Nice [​IMG]

I hope to see some Avenger the Ninja books, and some Fighting Fantasy, also lol

3. Alastair

Member Alastair GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Would be fantastic.

4. damnet

Member damnet GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    haven't tried this till now, and am loving it, I used to play a lot of these books when I was a kid, props to the maker, really good, I hope he adds more adventures in the future, really neat system he set up there.

5. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    This game is excellent, guys. I just finished it yesterday. Can't wait for the next book: Fire on the Water.

6. Magus

Member Magus GBATEMP RPG MANIAC

i tried putting this on my old g6 (is the gba slot slot-2 or slot-1?) like i do with every other ds roms (with the u-disk) but i get black screens... what i'm doing wrong?

7. Michoko

Newcomer Michoko Advanced Member

France
    Thanks for the heads up [​IMG]

Magus, you have to patch the ROM with the DLDI driver corresponding to your linker. There are several tools to do this, but I'd recommend DLDIrc (Google it, you'll find it easily).

Cheers
    Michoko

8. cruddybuddy

Banned cruddybuddy Group: Banned!

United States
    Choose-your-own-adventure-game hu? Cool, this is what I do whenever I'm in the early 80s!

9. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Great game/book..Idea that is pulled out perfect for Nintendo DS, and it looks really nicely, it even doesn't have that "homebrewish" touch that lots of homebrews have..
    I'm going through this first one, and hoping there will be others, many others..This deserves to get get sequeled a lot..

10. acoustic.digital

Member acoustic.digital GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    the finest homebrew that i've seen so far (next to turrican, doom port, nethack and powder ; D)

11. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    it must be dldi patched for your kit.

i can tell you that the m3 perfect dldi (both versions) do not work on this homebrew. i sent the author a few emails and beta tested a build for the m3 perfect but still no luck. it also only booted to two black screens for me, so i know what your experiencing. right now i have it up and running on my r4 with no issues.

cheers,
    -aw

12. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Loving this as much as everyone else, I had every Fighting Fantasy book when I was in my early teens and thought the whole series rocked and this game is basically that only 100x cooler.
    Just wondering does anyone know of any Fighting Fantasy ebooks? I wouldn't mind trying some sort of script editor on LoneWulf to replace the text and compile, would be sweet to read the older FF books again.

13. Bob Evil

United Kingdom
    Thug, you know they re-issued all the FFs, right?

They are still coming out.

14. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Ya I've seen a few different covers from the ones I had (all lime green spines) and am not surprised they've been reissued a few times, I would just like the ebook format to rip the text lol [​IMG]

15. Michoko

France
    Thug, please don't hack my ROM to use my engine on copyrighted content. I took care of getting all due authorizations from authors before releasing LoneWolfDS. Using it to play protected content would make it illegal and would certainly mean the death of this project.

Be a bit patient, book 2 is on its way [​IMG]

Michoko

16. Bob Evil

United Kingdom
    HOORAY!

17. Michoko

France
    Hi everybody!

I'm pleased to announce a new release of LoneWolfDS v1.4. And the biggest addition is nothing less than a Spanish version! [​IMG]

Yeah, I know, I had said that I would not do any translated version yet, but a guy called NewKuato contacted me some weeks ago, by providing all the book texts already translated. Moreover I must admit I was a bit euphoric because of the LoneWolfDS first place at the NEO compo, so I thought it would be worth a try. [​IMG]
    My original concern was that it may take a lot of time to make a localized version, and hell, I was right! Without the amazing help from NewKuato and El Clérigo Urbatain, this project would have never seen the light. Those guys spent hours and hours testing the new translated engine, and I'm still impressed by the huge efforts they put into providing all translations and test reports. With such a great support, this translation has been really a positive experience!

But the second most important aspect is that with all those tests, a lot of bugs and events errors were detected and fixed, both in the Spanish and English version. Hence the new releases in both languages. Moreover, it has also helped stabilizing the engine for the second book (I've already started working on volume 2 too).

So here is the changelog:
    Code:
    2008/04/27: version 1.4 (Recommended update!)
    - Fixed a memory leak during random rolls, making the numbers disappear after many rolls.
    - Fixed some vicious inventory bugs.
    - Fixed many sections.
    - Updated the events handling engine so future books will be easier to port.
    - Spanish version! (thanks A LOT to NewKuato and El Clérigo Urbatain!!!)
    Before I get spammed with translations requests in all the languages of the world, let me say that I WON'T do any other language adaptations right now! It requires too much work and I prefer focusing on the second book now (so many things to do, so little time). Moreover, only the english and spanish versions are available for free on the net, so I'll stick to them right now.

Have fun!! [​IMG]
    Michoko

PS: Please, don't put the ROM files on any other site, since the Project Aon license requires me to host all projects based on their work on the Project Aon server itself. So please give the following download URL instead: http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/index.php
    Thank you! [​IMG]