ROM Hack LoneWolfDS: Fire On The Water released!

Michoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
Hi!

I finally finished book II of the Lone Wolf series for the Nintendo DS: "Fire On The Water". For those who had missed the first volume, Flight From The Dark, this is an attempt at porting good old paper gamebooks to the DS console.

So what's new in this second book?
- A totally new and exciting adventure!
smile.gif

- Improved the game engine for handling more complex events
- Made 4 new musics (1 intro and 3 ingame) for even more variety
- Added mini-games
- Added merchants
- and many other fixes and improvements

You can get the game here : http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/index.php

(please don't host the ROM on your site but use this link instead, as required by the Project Aon licensed)

I'm now using the new EFSLib by Noda, which should add some improvements in speed and compatibility with SLOT 2 linkers. It should even work now in emulators (except for loading/saving maybe). As this is a Release Candidate, if you encounter a problem or a bug, please tell me and I'll try to fix it for the 1.0 release. Thank you for your feedback!

Edit: oops, I forgot to tell you that you can continue your game from the last book! For this, you need to have the file ""Flight From The Dark.xml" at the root of your linker, and this saved game must contain at least one slot saved at the end of book 1.

Have fun!
Michoko

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
good to see another book.
any chance of getting a slightly different save system?
a bit annoying if i lose some items, die after that, and load my last save with the items still gone.
could be fixed by having 4 xml(i think it was) files.
1 for currently in use, and 1 for each save slot.

Michoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
@sp33der: ha crap, the new EFSLib should be compatible with this linker though... :/ So when you DLDI patch the ROM and launch it from the M3DSReal, you get a black screen?

@thedicemaster: sorry, I didn't get it
tongue.gif
Do you mean that you save a game containing items, then you lose them, and when you reload the save, you still don't have them?

Oh BTW, I edited the first post, reminding that you can continue the adventure from the end of book 1!
smile.gif

Cheers
Michoko

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Michoko said:
@sp33der: ha crap, the new EFSLib should be compatible with this linker though... :/ So when you DLDI patch the ROM and launch it from the M3DSReal, you get a black screen?

tongue.gif
Do you mean that you save a game containing items, then you lose them, and when you reload the save, you still don't have them?

Oh BTW, I edited the first post, reminding that you can continue the adventure from the end of book 1!
smile.gif

Cheers
Michoko
from what i last saw in book1 you have your inventory&status(skills, power and max health) in an xml save and your page progress in 1 out of 3 savs.
when you die, and load your progress in the book from a save it seems you load the inventory&status as it was when you died instead of when you last saved.

Michoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
thedicemaster said:
Michoko said:

tongue.gif

smile.gif

Cheers
Michoko
from what i last saw in book1 you have your inventory&status(skills, power and max health) in an xml save and your page progress in 1 out of 3 savs.
when you die, and load your progress in the book from a save it seems you load the inventory&status as it was when you died instead of when you last saved.

Hmm nope, everything is restored as it was from your last saved game, including inventory and status. If it's not the case, it's a bug (but you're the first person reporting this behaviour, it might be worth a double check)
wink.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i tried checking but got a bit of a problem >_<
while in m3sakura i noticed a hair between my DS and my EZ-flash 3 in 1 so i took it out for a sec.
DS screen went black and then white when i reinserted it, and now m3sakura crashes when it goes into the filebrowser >_<
EDIT: fixed with reformat.

got a new different request.
would it be possible to move the resources to an external file?
m3sakura refuses to run homebrews above 2MB(book1 is 9MB, don't know about book2 yet)

mazzolatore

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Works great on M3-Lite\M3-miniSD\M3-SD!
grog.gif

If you have time, could you port "Flight From The Dark" to EFSLib, because the first book doesn't run on my SLOT2 flashcard...

Thank's for everything!
happy.gif

Michoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
mazzolatore said:
Works great on M3-Lite\M3-miniSD\M3-SD!
grog.gif

If you have time, could you port "Flight From The Dark" to EFSLib, because the first book doesn't run on my SLOT2 flashcard...

Thank's for everything!
happy.gif

Ok, it seems that on the contrary, the new version doesn't work on M3 Real, except through DSOrganize. Once EFSLib is fixed, I'll make a new build of the first book.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just did some testing on m3real.
with m3sakura the firmware blocks it, since it's larger than 2MB.
m3manager and itouch firmware both result in black screens.

Sp33der

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thedicemaster said:
just did some testing on m3real.
with m3sakura the firmware blocks it, since it's larger than 2MB.
m3manager and itouch firmware both result in black screens.

Try launching it trough DSOrganize
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end