London life in french version of Professor Layton and the Last Specter

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by alexvire, Dec 12, 2011.

1. alexvire
    OP

Newcomer alexvire Advanced Member

France
    There is a patch to add the RPG in french or english (not USA) version of the game ?

I browse the rom with DS Lazy and the way to access in the RPG is included into "main_fr" file. I think we have to put american main menu into this file and add RPG files into the game but I don't know how to add american menu.

2. Dark315055Vash

Newcomer Dark315055Vash Member

Italy
    don't you think it would be easier to add the french texts and graphics to the US rom? :D

3. alexvire
    OP

France
    No because texts and graphics are also in the main_fr file and I think it's more easy to add just the main menu.

4. Dark315055Vash

Newcomer Dark315055Vash Member

Italy
    yeah but it's easier to reverse the freakin' file and reinsert the texts then to reverse the whole game and insert directly ARM code :D

plus you probably just need to rename the file or something like that...

5. alexvire
    OP

France
  6. thaddius

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    You found a file main_fr, but it's most likely a placeholder put in by the original developers in the event that it was translated into French. I find it unlikely that someone would put the time and effort into translating the whole thing into French and not release it. I think the reason London Life wasn't included in the European version if the game was because it was a daunting task to translate The Last Spectre and London Life into French, Italian, Spanish, etc., so they just translated the main game.

Also, even though I don't think it will help at all, I don't think anyone here knows how to add a menu to The Last Spectre.