Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
uIKsC7Q.png

Released completely out of left field, lolSnes is an SNES EMU for the DS. This emulator is a work in progress and should be tested with this in mind. As of this post no binary has been provided, potential beta testers will need to compile the .NDS file from the source code, linked below. Help support this project by giving your feedback via the on-going discussion link below.

:discuss: On-going Discussion
:arrow: Source Code

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well this is a pleasant surprise, I wonder how this'll fare compared to the abandoned SNEmulDS?

Still, we always have CATSFC on DSTwo which is nice.

bene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there much of a market for this? I just use the one that comes on the DSTwo (handles GBA and NES, too).

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there much of a market for this? I just use the one that comes on the DSTwo (handles GBA and NES, too).

The way the DS handles SNES emulation vs the way the DS handles emulation through the DSTWO means that lolSnes might not have the compatibility of CATSFC but it's already running SMW at 60fps and just needs to get the accuracy/layering issues down better than SnemulDS did to be better than CATSFC for the games it can do right.

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's the binary if anybody wants it ^_^
-snip- just a sec, needs the license.
ok here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4q56m1sdhuzn6bl/lolSnes-master.zip
(source + .nds)

Thanks for compiling this. It does not seem to boot on my 3DS however (Acekard 2i). When I launch the NDS file it takes me to the 3DS sleep menu. UPDATE: forgot to name the rom "rom.smc", now works.

Not everyone has a DSTwo.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
For desmume, you need to use version 0.9.9, and set the slot1 device to Retail and slot2 to GBAMP. And don't forget to configure the directories properly.

And for compatibility, well... there's no precise list atm. All I know is that games that are known to require insane accuracy will not run. If your game doesn't run in Snes9x or ZSNES, there's about zero chance that it'll run on lolSnes.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For desmume, you need to use version 0.9.9, and set the slot1 device to Retail and slot2 to GBAMP. And don't forget to configure the directories properly.

And for compatibility, well... there's no precise list atm. All I know is that games that are known to require insane accuracy will not run. If your game doesn't run in Snes9x or ZSNES, there's about zero chance that it'll run on lolSnes.

that goes lolSnes-master/snes/rom.smc right, where the emulator nds file is? For slot2, what you mean by GBAMP, I don't see an option called that....:unsure:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The snes folder should be in the same folder as lolsnes.nds. Or your SD's root directory if it doesn't work.

As for desmume, my bad. The option is labelled 'MPCF flash card device'.

That's fine. Set it to that, no dice. I don't think it likes the sfc format. How do I config the flash card settings in Desmume? It's asking for a folder, a FAT image, etc. I used "C:\Emulators\Nintendo DS\lolSnes-master\lolSnes-master\" as the directory in the config. Maybe I need to show my config in a screenshot?

Even placed the ROM in the right directory. Crap.... I effed something up, not sure why it's not loading. I think it's because I use .sfc and not .smc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup