'Lollipop Chainsaw' full remake in the works; launches next year

lollipop chainsaw.JPG

Lollipop Chainsaw, the 2012 action game made in collaboration with game director Suda51, movie director James Gunn and producer Yoshimi Yasuda, is getting a full remake, IGN has confirmed and later confirmed by the producer. This remake will involve, Yasuda says, "a more realistic approach to graphics" and new audio due to licensing issues.

"Unfortunately, various factors resulted in things making it so that fans can no longer easily play Lollipop Chainsaw, and it has been some time since players have not been able to access the game on current consoles," Yasuda said. "We, the original development staff on Lollipop Chainsaw, think of the game as very precious to us, and did not want to leave it in limbo, where players who want to play it cannot. As such, we purchased the Lollipop Chainsaw intellectual property from Kadokawa Games, and decided to develop a remake. We have already contacted Warner Bros. about development, and are being supported by them in this endeavor."

The Lollipop Chainsaw remake has a 2023 launch window but the platforms on which it will launch have yet to be announced.

:arrow:SOURCE

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Frankly I don't have many expectations off this remake because the original game structure is not really good to begin with, but It's not bad either. It was just your average PS360 game that aged like milk. Both graphic and gameplay wise. Also, isn't it going to saturate the market this huge remake trend?

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I never finished the game. I thought it was kind of clunky iirc. I guess I should give it a whirl again since people seem to have loved it.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This seems a really odd choice.

The original game is allright, but gameplay wise very simplistic and basic. It's humorous, but not exceptionally witty. I would have described it as "enjoy- but also forgettable" and I am surprised there's apparently a large enough demand to warrant a remake/remaster.

I still have the original game on disc somewhere, but I don't really have an incentive to replay it.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the dude said No More Heroes, Then i said YES, I know that one. I played it on Wii. Awesome game. But instead he daid Army of Darkness and i was like what the fuck are you talking about. But thanks for clarifying. You deserve a Like. :)
Still. What the fuck is it. I've never heard about Suda51. Also Army of Darkness doesn't ring any bells. So thanks for your explaination but i don't think i got 1% further then before i asked what it was
Dude, you claim to be almost 40 on your profile and you know less about a classic horror/comedy than you do know about a game that was made popular on the Wii. Even I know more and I am younger than you. Either you are lying about who you say you are or you are extremely sheltered as all hell.

Either way, Welcome to the internet! Google exists, and not even 5 minutes searching any of these terms would have given you the answer you would have needed in any more so a clear way than any one of us could have spent the time explaining it to you. There is your critical thinking advice for today.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I skipped on this one when it came out because the Suda games always played like jank/unpolished versions of DMC - tons of wild ideas thrown in and nothing fully realized.

That said, they are interesting enough to have a go simply because they take risks where every other dev plays it safe. It's also really nice to see games that were locked to awful non-backwards compatible consoles (I STILL have my PS3 because there are a handful of titles you can't run on anything else) being made available to everyone.

edit: OH WAIT, I didn't see this was a REMAKE. I just assumed it was another remaster... good for them I guess. It would still be nice to have the original re-released.

Last edited by DS1,
Reactions: Glyptofane
D

Deleted member 575334

Inflammatory behavior / trolling
Dude, you claim to be almost 40 on your profile and you know less about a classic horror/comedy than you do know about a game that was made popular on the Wii. Even I know more and I am younger than you. Either you are lying about who you say you are or you are extremely sheltered as all hell.

Either way, Welcome to the internet! Google exists, and not even 5 minutes searching any of these terms would have given you the answer you would have needed in any more so a clear way than any one of us could have spent the time explaining it to you. There is your critical thinking advice for today.
Dude, Shut the fuck up. First of all. You didn't have to reply if you wanted to be a dick so badly. Second of all. I already asked the staff if they can change my age and that isn't part of this convo so shut up about that :rolleyes:. Last thing, DON'T ACCUSE ME OF LYING!! I was just lazy. So idk what the fuck your problem is. But i don't want some dumbass telling me shit thats worthless to me. You are the one who is offended because i said someone is atleast better in explaining shit then you are. Piss off and go waste someones elses time. :rofl2::ha::creep:

Last edited by ,
  • Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its a Suda51 game, is that not enough to get the idea?

No? Okay, Its like Army of Darkness but instead of Ash you get a cheerleader as your protagonist. Its pretty goddamn fun.
That is a pretty terrible description of the game tbh... not that I'm gonna defend UnreaLorenzo's attitude - and as you said, googling Suda would've been a far better option than expecting someone else to spoon feed the info.

Better description would be; 50% Bayonetta, 25% DMC, 25% Dead Rising, from the man that gave the world NMH, Killer7, Shadows of The Damned, Killer is Dead, with a script from the man behind Guardians of the Galaxy and Suicide Squad.
...plus, the only Army of Darkness connection is the chainsaw and the undead, and in fairness Evil Dead 2 is probably a better representation of the similarities between the properties than it's follow up.

Reactions: Dr_Faustus

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
with a script from the man behind Guardians of the Galaxy and Suicide Squad.
Granted this hit around the time he left his roots behind* and went all Hollywood edgy (granted he had already done the live action Scooby Doo films) rather than might actually be edgy (probably a more lucrative career turn, for those unaware was one of the later talents that came up under Troma films in the late 90s period) but I don't know that would be points of comparison I make there for tone and instead look somewhat earlier.

*I say with that storm in a teacup a few years later being from twitter posts made around said same.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A relatively mindless beat-em-up. Nothing real great, but not too bad either. Definitely made for the goofy shenanigans and the fan service, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I never really got to play all the way through this game as I borrowed it for like a day, but I might pick it up again once it's released. With this game being two generations old at this point, I don't see it being a bad one to remake (unlike other titles that's been remade/remastered twice over the last two generations)

MattyKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never played the original, but I know it has a decent sized cult following that praises it highly, was tempted to try playing it via RPCS3 but curious to see if the remake is worth waiting for.

Reactions: Deckard5621

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol