Hacking LOLICon- Overclock the Vita's CPU to 500mhz!

kutteke

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
have both vitatv and a phat vita.
Both work perfectly. don't get hot after playing for an hour (borderlands 2 so stressed).
Battery life is around 3.5-4 hours on my fat with vitabright enabled 500mhz.
Great plugin. now i only hope someone finds a way to push further as these are basically the clocks the chip was designed for. would love to see how far i can push on stock voltage.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error messages hold for 3 seconds and will show up when you open the LOLIcon menu. You can disable these messages by going to "OSD OPTIONS". Be sure to save this configuration for default to disable for all games and for the games that you have profiles for.

Works Error "3" removed, finally replaced "OCLOCKVITA", which I never used to actually overclock, just to stop game underclocking, which happens automatically

(I cut the motors out of the ps4 controller, it 90% in LOLIcon for battery charge, but only "TWO BARS" if I hold the PS Button to show the battery charge) (after cutting out the ps4 controller motors, non-intelligent devices, like a straight power adaptor from wall outlet no longer charges battery like the ps3 controller, still charges from the pc or vita, and possibly a official ps4 controller charger)

Tried "EXIT GAME" option, LOLIcon, from the "SYSTEM APP - FRIENDS" .................. "HBinjector 1.2.6 replaced the SYSTEM APP" with Vita Shell 1.82"

(System apps, when using exit game, will crash the system, do not do this.)

No Crashes on Exiting a System App, by using "EXIT" option from LOLIcon if the System App is Patched (one honest example)

EDIT

(Finally removed the PS4 BATTERY, from the ps4 controller, just had to tie the red and black wires together that comes from the battery, cutting those from the battery, leaving the plug attached .................. removed the motors too ...................... its was only a rumor that the ps4 controller needed the battery for bluetooth, just works wired on ps4 and retropie)

(After removing both motors, .... wiring those battery points together didn't work, to, perhaps extend the charge, no word on the retropie buggy interfaces for blue tooth, plus, it behaved like the ps3 controller, needing a "handshake" with intelligent usb device ................ battery goodbye fixed, no need to charge)

(it just seems like I could just pop out a piece on the board with the led ribbon cable near the mini usb port inside the ps4 controller, to disable the LED function without cutting the ribbon cable, but................(just like the pandora battery, all you had to do was pop out a piece on an official battery) (I guess I will take it this far, for now, maybe come back to that, maybe not)

EDIT - (working fine with LOLIcon)

Plug in the mini usb cable connected to the vita (pstv), press PS button once, then again, unplug mini usb cable ... ... ... ... now hold the "options button and press the PS LOGO" button after plug in the mini usb cable and it works great, no motors no battery (just black and red battery tied together, motors straight cut out)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,
Reactions: cvskid

davidgilmour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question:

I thought the PSV basically is a 2GHz A9 quad core heavily underclocked.

So why can’t we overclock to 888 Mhz?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what game actually benefit from this?
well, you can reduce framedrops in quite a few games at least to some degree, especially in conjunction with vitagrafx, which allows some games to reach higher framerates or increased resolution output.

that said, for most games and emulators, it just reduces framedrops and slowdowns to varying degrees.

retroarch needs max overclock to run gba games mostly playable (there's still slowdowns though) and snes and genesis also enjoy some extra juice.

gravity rush runs more fluidly, digimon story seems to have less framedrops ingame, spiderman runs more consistently, especially when you lock fps to 30.

less framedrops in jak 1 (though the game is unfortunately hardlocked to 20fps...) and not as bad drops in the other jak games.

and i hear odin sphere is much more enjoyable overclocked too.

here's a side by side for borderlands 2, one of the more demanding and notorious for slowdown games.

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Keep in mind that some games handle the clock in a different way that is NOT patched in lolicon, so your settings will be ignored or reset after a while.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Keep in mind that some games handle the clock in a different way that is NOT patched in lolicon, so your settings will be ignored or reset after a while.

Don't think this is true. Which games have you tried that ignore the overclock?

What you imply is the case for overclocking via vsh menu (where a game can reset the overclock you set)but isn't the case for lolicon.

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For ex. Phantom breaker, even if you set 111Mhz the game does run full speed, that means the clock is ignored, if you go back to vsh, 111 is laggy as hell.
Something is clearly not working here.

Other games have the same behaviour, while some others reset the clock and lolicon value is wrong, it does not show the real clock when this happens.

More accurate patches are needed for a real fully working clock setting

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For ex. Phantom breaker, even if you set 111Mhz the game does run full speed, that means the clock is ignored, if you go back to vsh, 111 is laggy as hell.
Something is clearly not working here.

Other games have the same behaviour, while some others reset the clock and lolicon value is wrong, it does not show the real clock when this happens.

More accurate patches are needed for a real fully working clock setting

Well something must be different between our setups then because I've just downloaded phantam breaker to my vita (never played it before) and there is clearly a difference between the 111 clocks and the 500 one.

On the first stage as soon as there is more than a couple of characters on screen the game slows down a bit and the frame rate tanks.

Switching lolicon up to 500 eliminates this totally.

I was under the impression that lolicon was a kernel overclocker. This means it overrides anything, no matter what games tell it do it.

Obviously I could be wrong on that and I'm sure someone will tell me if that's the case but honestly, I've never come across a game that this doesn't work with.

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slow downs a bit means it is not working, it should be unplayable, it s the lowest possible clock setting for cpu and gpu.

I don t think the game is so well optimized, it would be interesting to know what happens.

I see the huge difference when you lower the clocks on other softwares.

I don t know if it is possible to use arbitrary values, but i would try something lower than 111 to see what happens, and lower gpu.

Yeah, it s a kernel plugin that means it can do almost everything but it is not a magic file, it is written by humans for a closed system.

These are undocumented functions, the 500Mhz clock is an hack, it is not possible to set that.

As you know, vita games use fps cap and shit like that to make them "playable", who knows if a game does some tricks or clock manipulation.

Also, who tell us lolicon patches every function related to clock settings?

Are they all known in the first place?

It does not patch all the control functions, in fact some games receive your inputs while the menu is open.

So, we know that it is not a finished product.

kllr007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
How to save per game ? I need reapply this everytime I start game (ex. NFS).
Select+Up only show some "lite" menu without any other features mentioned in GitHub.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it s a kernel plugin that means it can do almost everything but it is not a magic file, ..................................

These are undocumented functions, the 500Mhz clock is an hack, it is not possible to set that.

As you know, vita games use fps cap and shit like that to make them "playable", who knows if a game does some tricks or clock manipulation.

Also, who tell us lolicon patches every function related to clock settings?

I think you mean "Kernal Panic" ......... (isn't that where "asm language" is used to prevent memory corruption from processor calls, in clock speeds??).............

This is generally the "Black Screen" (start a hack for a game, and it fails to boot or locks up)
Each problematic games needs a specific patch to fix crashes for troubled games
"oclockvitaminimal" .............. doesn't cause "Kernal Panic", in the games that "Lolicon" does because it is specifically not a Kernal Plugin (SOM3+imes we get the benefit of a simple answer)
Its too much work to make "lolicon" work efficiently for all games, (other clocking plugins seems to fail in some areas too), as a kernal plugin .................... its up to the developer to release it, as a standard plugin, perhaps minimalist too.

(or maybe too soon, it could be fixed? maybe with some areas of the certain games playing faster, or slower?)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1