Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You might remember this thread.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=50104&st=0

Now, I manged to improve my soldering to be able to fit the mini USB port and here it V1.1 NES MP3

dsc01657id0.jpg

But sadly I still can't figure out how to charge the battery without removing the case and changing it via soldering. Any suggestions?

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cut a panel at the back and place one of those spring loading battery slots, solder the wires directly to the springs, will that work?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Making any kind of charger jack would ruin the case too. Maybe you can make it easier to open by changing the joints? Like, instead of screws, a press-release catch or something? And then build a battery cradle inside the casing.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should add an battery case so you can easaly replace the battery just the case not need to make it simple to replace with make some openable door or how to say im dutch, just add it dont say there to big because the many small ones that i think they ill fit

Though you did some cool job

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty much going to ruin the outer shell design...
Can you go halfway by putting a spring loaded battery holder in, but not putting a battery door on? You'd still have to take the case apart to get the battery out, but at least it'd save mucking around with soldering.

Or can you get one of those top-loading little round battery hatches like you get on cameras? I know what I mean, one of those ones where you drop the battery in from the top, then putting the door on pushes it down onto the spring. You would still have to cut away part of the case but only on the side, to the diameter of the AAA battery.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty much going to ruin the outer shell design...
Can you go halfway by putting a spring loaded battery holder in, but not putting a battery door on? You'd still have to take the case apart to get the battery out, but at least it'd save mucking around with soldering.

Or can you get one of those top-loading little round battery hatches like you get on cameras? I know what I mean, one of those ones where you drop the battery in from the top, then putting the door on pushes it down onto the spring. You would still have to cut away part of the case but only on the side, to the diameter of the AAA battery.
Sadly, the AAA battery inside BARELY makes the controller case fit together

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Would one of those squarish 9-volt ones not fit? I've seen alot of stuff with this leatherish tab sorta thing with wires sticking out and you just connect the top of the 9-volt to it.

Edit: My bad, just read the AAA battery barely fits.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everything is perfect apart from the battry. USB works. The three button works. Now I ordered another cheap MP3 player so I can knuckle down and prepare a proper How To guide.... I wonder if anyone on GBAtemp will buy my prototype NES MP3 player?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You could use this battery:

727MinidiscSH-L6H.jpg

It's the one they use in slim CD and Minidisc players. It's not much more expensive than a rechargeable AA battery, but it's less bulky, and would fit better.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
http://www.watchbattery.co.uk/shop/Audio_B....shtml#AtTheTop
(Scroll down. It's the GP one.)

£6.

I found mine (also GP) for £4 at a local store.

I use it in my Minidisc player. Even Sony's original battery goes for £30, and that's only because it's technically speaking a "spare part" and "has to be ordered, from Sony, by a repair service centre", and cant be found in stores. I bet it would cost less in stores
dry.gif

Anyway, such a battery goes at around £3-£10.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.