Hacking lol=Is there a way to skip that annoying warning thing when vita boot up ?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's possible as it's just a splash screen that gets initiated from a file somewhere on the NAND.
However, deleting it might result in a brick.
Replacing it might be possible but as Yifan said, the PS logo was made of an X amount of pixels, going over that amount would brick it as well.

Like Bortz said, if you're annoyed by those 3 seconds of waiting, you should reprioritize your life indeed.

Reactions: MegasXLR

ASPWLF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's possible as it's just a splash screen that gets initiated from a file somewhere on the NAND.
Replacing it might be possible but as Yifan said, the PS logo was made of an X amount of pixels, going over that amount would brick it as well.

Like Bortz said, if you're annoyed by those 3 seconds of waiting, you should reprioritize your life indeed.

meh i mean maybe its 3 seconds but like when im pissed off thats a long time to be waiting if im restart the vita like constantly triyng to fix problems atm LOL

Reactions: MegasXLR

ASPWLF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its actually just a health and safety warning like the DS has. The seizure warnings and only shown when you boot up a game i think.

but why does it say it i mean ok lol its a warning but surely before buying like someones who you knwo has sezures would kinda idk read up or know proberly cuz it just warns of flashing stuff and that so there gonna know i mean.. what your gonna buy the console then when they boot it up it says dont use if uhave seizures then u have to sell it lol i mean ??

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but why does it say it i mean ok lol its a warning but surely before buying like someones who you knwo has sezures would kinda idk read up or know proberly cuz it just warns of flashing stuff and that so there gonna know i mean.. what your gonna buy the console then when they boot it up it says dont use if uhave seizures then u have to sell it lol i mean ??
I'm going to have a seizure just by reading your posts.

Legally I am sure they are required to have a warning.

ASPWLF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to have a seizure just by reading your posts.

Legally I am sure they are required to have a warning.

lol

warning : if you read the user aspwlf12s posts you could have seizures may contain bad english and alot of other stuff

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The seizure warning only appears when you boot the Vita.

Really OP, you're making so much fuzz for something so small.
And if you're getting angry over that, please, find help.

Reactions: VinsCool

ASPWLF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The seizure warning only appears when you boot the Vita.

Really OP, you're making so much fuzz for something so small.
And if you're getting angry over that, please, find help.

am tryna get help on here well kinda annoys me if im already again beacuse i have to wait for it to go away once ivbe rebooted about 7 times its gets annoying

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
am tryna get help on here well kinda annoys me if im already again beacuse i have to wait for it to go away once ivbe rebooted about 7 times its gets annoying

GBAtemp is a gaming community.
Not an anger management class.

Reactions: VinsCool

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to recall that the splash screen (enso symbol) should not to be touched since it's very sensitive and liable to brick the system if you do. I'd imagine the epilepsy warning is the same. the file(s) are probably in the os partition which I'd suggest not touching even with an app.

D

Deleted User

I seem to recall that the splash screen (enso symbol) should not to be touched since it's very sensitive and liable to brick the system if you do. I'd imagine the epilepsy warning is the same. the file(s) are probably in the os partition which I'd suggest not touching even with an app.
theres a patch floating around somewhere (i think on vitadb and github)
but aparently it has a high brick chance (even though i blindly used it a few times trying to figure out what it did and im not bricked)

Retinal_FAILURE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres a patch floating around somewhere (i think on vitadb and github)
but aparently it has a high brick chance (even though i blindly used it a few times trying to figure out what it did and im not bricked)
I remember this. It would be interesting if someone could perfect the process though.

Reactions: Deleted User

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I think yifanlu or another dev mentioned the sensitivity of the boot screen. I'm not sure which file is the recovery menu though in case something were to go wrong. on the ps3, it's the emer_init.self. that's the recovery menu file, and it's in the core os. I'm not sure about the vita though.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think it's a good idea to not bring this OP in particular on ideas to mess around with sensitive files.
Chance of him messing it up is enormous and will only create more horrible threads.
Likely blaming us for steering him in that direction.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

yeah, I think yifanlu or another dev mentioned the sensitivity of the boot screen. I'm not sure which file is the recovery menu though in case something were to go wrong. on the ps3, it's the emer_init.self. that's the recovery menu file, and it's in the core os. I'm not sure about the vita though.
im 99% sure its the safemode.self file
also yes @yifan_lu mentioned it on another thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn