Lol, finally proof that IE users are idiots

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IE6Stats.jpg

Real study. Oh, and you know how I've been praising Opera as the browser I've been using for years? Yea, eat it.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Users of IE Version 8 have a higher IQ than those using IE version 9?

I call shenanigans.
Young padawan etc.

IE9 (which anyone using IE who runs windows update on 7 or Vista will have) is not available for XP. Yes, this is the reason.

Of course many factors play in, but most important is this:

XP is still the OS with the marginally largest market share. This does not automatically speak in XPs favor (arguably it speaks against it) but what does so is the reason that XP still has this lead. Is it because people can't afford to spend the cash on a new OS(/computer with new OS)? No. It's because many huge corporations can't. More precisely it would not benefit them to do so (this is of course changing with XP support ending).

Anyone with some money can go and buy a computer, but it generally takes some qualifications to get a job that makes use of one. People with those qualifications will have a higher IQ.

Man, what a completely whacked out (yet very true) post I just wrote. Not sure the EoF can handle this.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ikki said:
What the fuck is Camino?

My thoughts exactly, or at least until I read the post below yours.

Oh and the Firefox is incredibly inaccurate. We should be breaking the top of the chart, as our Dev's are at least smart enough to make sure our Flash doesnt break every 10 seconds when watching a video on youtube. Course I could probably say that the IE measurements are also Questionable in terms of accuracy.....

IE breaks no matter what, so they should be dropping below the bottom Y axis of the chart into negatives. Heck iIE's been the most exploited browser since it was born. In fact, maybe it shouldn't even be measured

Problem Chromefans?
th_trollface.png

Trolololololol! IE..
th_trollface.png

No but I jest about that, well...except for the Chrome Breaking Flash every 10 seconds..*Seriously, ask my classmates.*

Opera is accurate in terms of it's representation. I still don't like it very much though.

implying.png
that this isn't the EoF and that I'm being totally serious

egzpyo.jpg
that I was kidding about IE being the worst browser in existance.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
No, stupid high ones. If there was any truth to them I'd be one of the smartest people going and I'm not.

I honestly have no clue how accurate they are. I've never taken one in my live.

All I know is that typically when someone says that any form of a test shows how good they are at taking said test form, it means they get horrible scores on those tests.

Again, "typically".

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Biggest problem is for the results to be accurate or fair everyone has to take a different test. I.e. you'd give a physicist a different test to a, oh say street cleaner of the same age. And that physicist would have to answer what would look like harder questions right (in some sections) to get the same score. Now you have to do the same sort of tuning by where someone lives and grows up etc. So you wouldn't give a 14 year old from a 1st world country the same test as a kid growing up in the majority of sub-Saharan Africa. Or even adults from the same places.

Now when it comes to this study it wouldn't surprise me if they gave the same test to everyone. Those using opera are paying so probably better off (on average) than those using anything else, so they probably also have good educations, come from richer countries etc. Where a lot of those still using IE6 are probably using it because that's all the machines they can afford to access can handle. So you'll have a lot of 1st world professionals taking the same test as a lot of 3rd world labourers, where these populations will not have an even representation across browsers.

EDIT: Not saying IE users aint idiots though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+