Hacking Logic tells me that we are missing one clue about Acekard

delete12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to this link Team Acekard had provided...http://www.acekard.com/news.php#79

QUOTE said:
Now here is the our real Acekard2i.

real1.JPG

Real AK2i As you can see there's no window in the shell of real AK2i.

They don't have the front shell cover shown to us.

Just this clue. It made me think real hard about it.

================================================================================
============

About Acekard (2 or 2i), is it possible to play Pokemon Ranger series and save correctly with the latest AKAIO? Even a fake or genuine Acekard can save the games correctly, right?

I only cared about being able to save my Pokemon Ranger. I don't give a care if what I'm about to purchase is real or not. R4 Ultra didn't meet my requirements, so I set it aside.
unsure.gif

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
LOL anyway if you're using akaio in the fake ak2i the akaio will not work at all (
unsure.gif
)
@mezut360 : same as me
tongue.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Chaosruler said:
there are fake AK's? never realized that, I mean...its acekard DUH o.0
There is a fake R4... times NINE THOUSAAAND

and... Also a fake cycloDS with name of it's own. etc.

delete12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems I have yet found the most concrete evidence. However, after extensive researching on Google for 5 hours, and got pissed off after realizing a key information is found in the GBATemp Wiki:

QUOTE said:
What are the differences between the various builds of the Acekard 2s?

The AK2 suffered from a manufacturers soldering error. This problem caused the later batches of the Green PCB AK2 to experience a FAT issue. The cards would stop working some time between 2 weeks and 8 months, depending on usage. The AK2s were then pulled and fixed, relabeled, and released as the first batch of AK2.1s. These fixed, light Green PCB Acekards, have a small chip under the sticker. They are essentially the AK2 repaired, which means the internals are the same. The kits were later redesigned and re-released as the AK2.1 Black PCB. The Black PCB contains a new controller chip and features a permanent redesign of the PCB which insures that FAT error will not happen again. The Black PCB AK2.1 was offered in a new package design, a box, and sold with or without the AK microSD reader. This version of the Acekard 2.1 was also issued as a darker Forest Green PCB. The kit then went back into development and was released a 3rd time with a metallic Blue PCB. The Blue PCB features a new shell. Acekard took out the spring loaded microSD slot and the shell clips in favor of glue.

The FAT error AK2s are no longer in circulation. You can not purchase one and you can not ask Team Acekard for one. The old shell AK2.1s are slowly being phased out as parts and supplies are used up in favor of the new shell and Blue PCB. In the end all versions will work and do what you expect. Do not panic if you receive a Green PCB over a Blue PCB.

From here, issues of the popular beliefs of fake/genuine AK2 and AK2i, shall end as we speak.

GOD DAMN IT GOOGLE! Waste my 5 hours of undetermined searching!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
hate2.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You do realise that if you had worked those 5 hrs and using a random base junior rate of, let's say $12, you would have earned enough cash to buy 4 of these suckers.
wacko.gif

I'm going to take it upon myself to speak on behalf of everyone @ GBAtemp - no more posts about whether your friggin' (ordered?..not received) AK2i is a fake/clone, or not! You have all of the resources at your fingertips here, whether through the official review, or even within this section - yes, you will find many topics like yours (should you search properly)
lecture.gif

delete12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
You do realise that if you had worked those 5 hrs and using a random base junior rate of, let's say $12, you would have earned enough cash to buy 4 of these suckers.
wacko.gif

I have class during those 5 hours, having my laptop connected while the professor is lecturing. I couldn't do anything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1