Homebrew RELEASE Lockscreen Patches for sxos 9x Firmware

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fix for the Lockscreen Theme for the latest sxos beta on 9x Firmware.

Just unzip to your sd card. Developed by @exelix11 so it's legit, fully working & tested by myself. He does mention the theme installer will receive an update so when this happens you will need to delete the "exefs_patches" folder.

I won't take any credit for this, it's exelix11's work who created the theme installer for the Nintendo Switch so thank him for this.

Github Link
https://github.com/exelix11/SwitchThemeInjector/tree/master/SwitchThemesNX/romfs/patches

Attachments

• sxos.rar
    485 bytes · Views: 513
Last edited by Reecey,

exelix11

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A few notes:
These are the same patches used for atmosphere and reinx it's just that sxos didn't support ips patching (the exefs_patches folder) till now apparently.
Seems to be working only on latest sxos beta, but it's not stated in the changelog, tbh wouldn't be surprised if they enabled it by mistake and were to remove it in the next update.
I'd apreciate if you could put a link the the github folder instead of just providing a zip cause it will be always up to date as patches for future updates are added there.
Even with these patches on the sd the theme installer will complain about unsupported firmware when installing a lockscreen assuming it actually works you can ignore that message, in case of error on boot just delete the home menu folder from layeredFS as usual.
IDK when i'm going to add support for sxos in the theme installer, for sure not before exefs patches support makes it into a stable release. Until then i'm not providing support for people with sxos and lockscreen themes either, mainly cause i can't test it myself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, you messed up downloading the 9D... file from github and the one in your zip is actually an html document, which clearly won't work:
upload_2020-1-13_16-5-37.png

Reactions: JonJaded and Reecey

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A few notes:
These are the same patches used for atmosphere and reinx it's just that sxos didn't support ips patching (the exefs_patches folder) till now apparently.
Seems to be working only on latest sxos beta, but it's not stated in the changelog, tbh wouldn't be surprised if they enabled it by mistake and were to remove it in the next update.
I'd apreciate if you could put a link the the github folder instead of just providing a zip cause it will be always up to date as patches for future updates are added there.
Even with these patches on the sd the theme installer will complain about unsupported firmware when installing a lockscreen assuming it actually works you can ignore that message, in case of error on boot just delete the home menu folder from layeredFS as usual.
IDK when i'm going to add support for sxos in the theme installer, for sure not before exefs patches support makes it into a stable release. Until then i'm not providing support for people with sxos and lockscreen themes either, mainly cause i can't test it myself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, you messed up downloading the 9D... file from github and the one in your zip is actually an html document, which clearly won't work:
View attachment 193173
Thanks for letting me know, it was my fault, fixed zip file also github link added, sorry about that.

The lock screen exefs patches work, just thought I would let you know well done :)

Last edited by Reecey,

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think you guys quite understand what this means, whats been discovered? try reading again what we both say and then have a think :unsure: :wtf::D

drguild

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Working fine here SX 2.93 great to have lock-screens again.

Looking forward to later proper nx theme support.

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why after awhile.live been on version 9.1.0 for awhile and using sxos for like 5 months maybe longer.im using sxox 2.5 and games like Marti Kart 8 which I never updated and mario odyssey played fine.then a couple days ago those games demanded updates.could not play them unless I updated to 10. I tried downgrading the key.I tried multiple things is there a way to avoid to updating to 10?? I like 9 and it works fine.

Entryjyt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where do you put these patches files? I have a switch running atmosphere 1.5.4, with system version 16.0.3. The problem is I don't know where to put them, and I really want my lock screen theme to work. I already tried putting them in the "systemPatches" folder in the "themes" folder, which is the folder made by NXthemes. I put the patch files in the github link into the "systemPatches" folder, since it was empty. That didn't work, and still gave me the boot error. When I tried putting it in the \atmosphere\contents\01000000001000 folder, that also didn't work. So where do I put the patches files? Do I use the provided sxos.rar files and again, put them where? Is custom lock screens even possible for system version 16.0.3 on atmosphere 1.5.4?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) don't use these, they are useless and pointless if your not using sx os as your cfw and I'd your firmware isn't 9.x

2)nxthemes is all thats needed for themes (If you wanna browse for themes directly on switch, look up themezer-nx

3) custom lockscreen themes are possible

Attachments

• 20230531_180133.jpg
    20230531_180133.jpg
    633.1 KB · Views: 15

Entryjyt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) don't use these, they are useless and pointless if your not using sx os as your cfw and I'd your firmware isn't 9.x

2)nxthemes is all thats needed for themes (If you wanna browse for themes directly on switch, look up themezer-nx

3) custom lockscreen themes are possible
How do you get custom lock screen themes on firmware 16.0.3 running atmosphere 1.5.4? I have a v2 switch hacked with a HWfly modchip, and I want to install custom themes. All other parts of the theme works, but just not the lock screen theme. It gives me an error when I restart the switch after installing the custom lock screen theme, and I have to delete the 01000000001000 folder. How did you manage to do it? Can you tell me?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what your problem could be. The only thing I can think of is not all themes are compatible with all firmwares. So maybe your lockscreen theme isn't compatible with your firmware. That's the only thing I can think of

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
How do you get custom lock screen themes on firmware 16.0.3 running atmosphere 1.5.4? I have a v2 switch hacked with a HWfly modchip, and I want to install custom themes. All other parts of the theme works, but just not the lock screen theme. It gives me an error when I restart the switch after installing the custom lock screen theme, and I have to delete the 01000000001000 folder. How did you manage to do it? Can you tell me?

You can download them manually here if you're switch is not connected to the internet. So download them then copy and paste them to the correct spot on your SD card.

https://github.com/exelix11/theme-patches#if-you-dont-want-to-connect-your-console-to-the-internet

If you connect your switch to the internet, NXthemes will download the patches automatically.

Reactions: kidkat210

Entryjyt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: TunaKetchup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users