Locked myself out of my Vita...

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Bonny, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Bonny
    OP

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    Because of the release of Enso, i backupped my saves, formated my memory stick and resetted the system.

I visited go.henkaku.xyz and installed it. Opend molecularShell an tried to access it via FPT to transfer the enso.vpk - But i really can't get a working connecting: EACCES-Error, says Filezilla. I also can't do the "Save-File-Transfer"-Trick with Qcma, cause the system isn't connected to an Account. How on earth should i now install enso or even VitaShell?

:cry:

2. Glyptofane

Glyptofane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    The horror stories are making me wish I had waited a bit longer. My enso install seemingly corrupted a few games, but it is sounding like far bigger problems loom for some.

3. Syon

Syon Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2016
    Italy
    Can you try disabling all the antivirus/firewalls on your pc and then start the FTP? (be sure that there are no old installations, such a Norton, activating too)

4. ATUGoM

ATUGoM Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    Iraq
    After the installation of Henkaku, you have to disable Safe Mode on your Vita and reboot your device and install Henkaku again..
    After that.. I believe you will be able to transfer files with FTP or VitaShell.

5. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Damn, I hope you can fix this. I had a similar problem, but the FTP thing worked for me. Maybe disabling Safe Mode really does help? Good luck!

6. ishygdaft

ishygdaft A mystery wrapped in an enigma

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    So odd... I haven't dealt with a single issue so far... even finally got around to cloning bubbles for all my psp/ps1 stuff since stuff just works on cold boot now.

InquisitionImplied likes this.
  7. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    Damn no issues here i sure hope you figure this out !!

8. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    There are plenty of websites where you can download all kind of vpks in mp4 format...

So just go to one of those websites with the vita browser, download a vitashell.mp4 file, rename it and then install it... Once ypu have vitashell just use USB.

Of course I won't be linking websites here cuz of warez :P

Bonny likes this.
  9. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    (was the damage caused by QCMA/CMA? did you try to connect to PSN too, before or after?)
    (QCMA/CMA in particular doesn't work for me, and apparently many other users on anything that isn't upto date

(try using a network cable, everyone trying to disable "flash player", different companies, this may be impacting WIFI)

10. Bonny
    OP

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    Well... first:; Thanks for all the help. But this is really embarrassing: TinyWall was the problem...:blush: It's a firewall that dosen't promt when an application wants to connect to the internet... you have to set all permissions manually... and i completely forgot that :shy:

After greenlisting Filezilla, connecting to the Vita via FTP wasn't a problem anymore. I already installed Vitashell and Enso successfully.

But one thing is strange: My originally plan was... well... the first time i installed the Henkaku-Hack (many month ago), molecularshell AND Vitashell were installed automatically... i'am sure, i didn't installed Vitashell manually. So i was hoping, that this time it would also be that way. And i could transfer the enso.vpk via USB. Well... anyway, FTP worked and solved the problem. ^_^

MUDD_BR and SuperDan like this.
  11. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    Well Played Bro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!